1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Plexiglass for your joysticks! VSHG, Madcatz TE

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by PineTree, Jun 3, 2009.

1. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    VFDC,

I posted on the Socal VF event thread couple weeks back about the plexi I was able to get for the VSHG and TE sticks. Basically a way to change your artwork for your joysticks. Plexi is a much better solution to change artwork as it doesn't require glue and you can easily change it whenever you get bored with your current one.

Some pics incase you don't know what I'm talking about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, I'm very impressed by the work, and the service has been made available for other joysticks. I was able to help with the VSHG cover. So if you want some plexi, hit up the link and get yourself some!

I am not affilated with the website or anything, incase you were wondering. Simply helping out VFDC for those who want plexi.

It would be nice if you guys post your impressions or opinions about plexi and this service, and especially if you order some, post pics!

LINK: Plexi

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hey - how do the buttons mount with that thick plexi?

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Thanks Pinetree!!
    I would like to get one when R comes out!!!
    Do you have some pic with VSHG??

4. PineTree

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Re: Plexiglass for your joysticks! VSHG, Madcatz T

Plague:
    You should be able to mount them like you normally do. I didn't have a problem with mine. The buttons fit fine and flush with the plexi.

Dennis:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ha ha! You probably USED that very stick when you were here, man! Too much Terminator in your head!

PineTree,

I don't see how the button retention tabs can come all the way out with all that plexi. I suppose the buttons just stay in anyway (I never saw them fall out at SoCal).

6. Dennis0201

Haha~ I mean "VSHG plus plexi"~~
    I have the same question too, how to fit those buttons by plexi?

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ha ha AGAIN! That exact stick with the plexi was at SoCal. Maybe you never used the particular set-up, though.

8. Dennis0201

What? Are you kidding me??
    I only used the regular VSHG in socal I guess...

9. PineTree

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Dennis/Tallis,

The buttons fit fine, in fact I think based on my experience the buttons tend to fit even tighter and don't move at all. At the Shoryuken forums where literally hundreds of people have bought the plexi I haven't heard of problems with buttons at all.

Overall the product is top notch, laser cut precision. If you've been wanting to change artwork on your sticks you can't get any better.

I just saw how there's now a way to laser sketch a drawing onto the plexi, which is awesome. Check out the site to see some examples.

Now to change the Balrog (boxer) on my VSHG to an Astro City theme and I'm set!

10. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

I think I need to see some killin VF artwork in those plexis!!!

Great work, looks amazing

11. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I recently got a cover with some artwork for my TE, and I absolutely love it. It's awesome.

Thanks to PineTree for letting us know about the site and the guy who does them. I would definitely recommend getting one.

12. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Is it easy to put them on the TE? I'm very lazy when not at work

13. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Incredibly so. All you do is unscrew the faceplate, remove the buttons (the hardest part is removing the quick disconnects, which is easy once you've got a decent method) and the ball top, if you're using new art then take the old one off and put the new one on (no need to stick it down), put the cover on top and put the buttons back in. Then put the stick top back on and screw the faceplate back in. All in all, should take you at most about 10-15 minutes to do the mod, and it looks really good afterwards.

If you're using new Sanwas, you'll need to file the tabs down a bit, but that's really easy to do.