1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Point me towards some EVO Akira and Lion combos.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Calvin, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

searched, found nothing.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Because there have not been any decent all around combo guide for evo quite yet. Look around the evo threads for each characters. There are some laying around in there. You should have posted this in the character training section. Good luck in your search. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

For evo lion, I think all the old version C combos work and are generally the best. You can use lion's new b+P,P in combos, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. There might be one or two situations where it's better than something else.

For evo akira, the combos are also similar except
    1. shoulder ram is worse and yoho is better, so you should practice starting all your old favorite combos with the yoho now instead of shoulder ram. If you DO use a shoulder ram and want a damaging combo that probably won't miss, try K+G,P. It's strong and easy to do.
    You can also do stuff like df,df+P -> P -> K+G,P. The best way to end combos is still probably P -> shoulder -> double palm.

2. fff+P and df+PK combos remain unchanged (i.e. you should use ff+K,K afterwards)

3. b,df+P --> FC,b,f+P is a true combo on MC now. (overhead swat into double palm)

4. DLC is a little stronger in evo version B, so it's worth using.
    f,f+K,K is a little weaker... so combos like shrm, P, DJK aren't as useful as they were before. K+G,P is a pretty good substitute for f,f+K,K in combos.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Try this link for EVO Akira combo ideas.

5. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

6. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

BMF: I won't download any vids.( memory shit) I've never seen any either.( sucks)

7. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

If you buy official playstation magazine you can get a massive demo of it.It plays and looks wicked.(Issue 34) /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif