1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

pointless tetsujin post

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by uk_kid, Mar 30, 2001.

1. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

on UK TV show 'gamesmaster' a few years ago (1997?) there was a show/episode where the main challenge was one where this japanese guy (simply dubbed 'the tetsujin') trounced 100 so-called UK VF3 players. there are pictures of this tetsujin at www.mfdc.co.uk (thanks, robin /versus/images/icons/smile.gif) so, basically,who is he? one comment i must add here is that the so-called UK players were pitiful - the supposed 'best the UK has to offer' (guy #100 - also pictured on the site got 'excellented' in a rather pathetic fashion at the end. is there anyone on this board who played in that 'contest'? where were ryan heart and the other UK VFers at this time?! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

is thisa pointless post? pretty much.../versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

incidentally, the tetsujin (playing kage) lost only 2 rounds in 100 consecutive matches (best of 3).

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by uk_kid on 03/30/01 08:51 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Pai~Chun likes this.
  2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

That's Kyasao. -nt-

-nt-

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: That's Kyasao. -nt-

Heh heh, can't resist this but whatever -- two years ago when I went to Japan I played against him. He had Kage-Lau-Kage-Lau-Kage and I had five Kages. He beat me 5-3.

4. Robin

Robin Active Member

np, tho I don't remember putting up any pics like that ;)

Gamesmaster's contestants were great. When asked why he liked Tekkan so much, the 'UK champion' proclaimed it was cos of the flashes you get on contact...

5. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

that was probably ryan heart - he was on gamesmaster playing tekken 3. lost in the final to an eddy gordo-playing japanese guy (i think). hehehe

robin: the kyasao pictures where in the bit of your site by 'chris' so that's probably why you don't remember posting them /versus/images/icons/smile.gif (i.e. because chris did instead)

6. Robin

Robin Active Member

Sounds familiar. I lost all faith with Tekken after that, one of the reasons why I never got into it...

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

LOL, it's "flashes on contact" are no reason to like a game, but it's not a reason to dislike it either.

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

yes it is.

9. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    LoL things are not as always as they seem m8. I was there and i'll go through all the points why he got a 100 wins.

A: It was the FIRST time we had ALL played VF3

B: The game was out in Japan a good 2 weeks to a month before we played him anyway. So it was not his first time.

C: When we went on games master we were treated like shit marmalade and fookin ham sandwiches yum : ) and we were shoved in some gypsy carvan not even given a chance to wharm up, while the Tetsujin (can't remember his real name sorry) and crew were having hot meals from a portable canteen.

D: There wasn't 100 of us

E: During the filming he lost quite a few times but because of the magic of television he didn't loose a game??

F: Out of the 20 of us only maybe 10 of us were hardcore VF players while the others were just streetfighter players and scrubs who just wanted to be on tv.

G: Ryan didn't play VF just then say a good 3 months from then he started and was taught by a couple of legenday Japanese players studying in London at the time.

H: And for my very last point the Gamemaster crew wanted to pick at RANDOM some people to talk to the camera after the 100th win. There was like 20 of us and maybe 10 to 15 under 13 year olds? Who also participated anyway back to my point they said all people from Shefield stand up to come and talk to the camera. How RANDOM was that they knew the people from shefied beforehand and it was prearanged fliping liars : )

As you can see I enjoyed myself and I cant wait to go again ; )

One last point and probley the most important is that Mr Tetsujin was one of the nicest people you could meet and I hope i can chalenge him again someday.

THAT'S.......IT.......NOW!!!

10. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

cheers 'the wall'. nice insight - wish i could have been there myself, but in fact that was probably the first time i laid eyes on VF3.
    i only slagged off the other UK participants to hopefully get a response like yours :)
    however, they did seem pretty dire, but at least now i know the truth about how little they/you had played the game at that time. i can also believe what you said about tetsujin having not played the game that much - i remember him using kage's izuna-otoshi a lot (instead of more damaging combos) and he messed around with the u+p+g TT throw too.
    so, anyway, what's ryan's excuse for losing that tekken 3 tournament then? i think it was him anyway. he picked paul, i remember that. my favourite character too actually.
    btw, 'the wall', did you guys manage to arrange a UK gathering of VF3 recently (the prince, etc)?

11. Robin

Robin Active Member

What annoyed me was not the fact that it had contact flashes, rather that this was the main reason the 'UK champion' could come up with to justify the games superiority.

12. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

superiority? huh? i don't even think VF or any other game was mentioned. ryan (or whoever it was) simply said that that is why he likes tekken. he had about 5 seconds to give his answer - hardly enough time to give a detailed seminar on the beauty of tekken and why he likes playing it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Maybe he was being facetious...you know, inside joke among people who know how ridiculous his reason is.

14. Robin

Robin Active Member

I was only a young 'un at the time ;)