1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Polish VF tournament

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GLC, Jan 30, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Just so everyone knows... there will be a VF tournament (probably TB, but who knows hehe) in Poland this summer - meaning July/August. Exact date to be announced later. It's going to be advertised in major polish gaming magazines, so don't worry about attendance. This will be more of national than international thing, but I'm posting this in case someone's interested. Everyone's invited by the way.

One important thing - since I got a sponsor, THE WILL BE PRIZES (as opposed to gatherings). I don't know what prizes exactly, but probably something around PS2/DC/other consoles, PCs, maybe TV or DVD player (and movies, games, or whatever) - probably a cash equivalent to foreign players (to avoid customs costs). It all depends on how many people attend. Again, further details will be posted later.

Tournament format - group fights, seed, then single elimination. Best of 5, 30 seconds per round. Select your character before the tournament starts. Players would be allowed to use a controller of their choice (not programmable ones though).

I'm also planning a gathering to follow the main tournament. While it's possible that prizes attract many non-hardcore VFers for the tourney, the gathering is meant for that handful of VF fanatics. Poland is rather cheap for western countries' standards - it's not expensive to stay in a hotel here (or a youth hostel).

That's it for now... I'm open to any ideas concerning this topic. Either post here, or mail me at saiyan@mailandnews.com. I'll keep you folks informed if anything more occurs.

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

hey, looks like i'll probably be able to go after all. details will be needed of course, but i'm a definitely maybe. come on people, speak out. you gonna be there or not? could the 400+ vf-ers please SPEAK on this matter.

3. earMuff

earMuff Member

I am interested as well, it's a maybe though due to flight costs and whatnot.

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You don't really need to fly... take a ferry!

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

GLC, you gonna offer an ex as a prize?/images/icons/tongue.gif

Or maybe we can convince some of the guys from Sweden to bring a girl or two?

jk

6. Shmolz

Shmolz Member

I'm definitely interested, however, I'm not dead certain whether I can make it or not, it depends on when the tourney will take place. Be sure to announce the exact date soon, and I'll come back to you.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm from Poland and I want to take part in this Tournament. I have some questions about it.
    When exactly it will be?
    Where it will be(Warsaw or somethink)?
    Does there will be somethink like elimination?
    Does it will be cost somenthink?...

PS. Sorry for my english...

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

9. Guest

Guest Guest

When is this tourny gonna take place?

10. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Summer, exact date to be announced later... read the main post!

11. m3x

m3x Member

Czy wszystko w porzadku z ...

Czy wszytko w porzadku z tym adresem mailowym bo mi odbilo wiadomosc?
    Max

12. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Re: Czy wszystko w porzadku z ...

Wszystko jest w porzadku, musiales cos zamieszac... wiadomosc dostalem i na nia odpowiedzialem :p Na przyszlosc takie sprawy przesylaj przez Private Messages, a nie na BBS!

13. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

Re: Czy wszystko w porzadku z ...

ahhh, I agree...

:p

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

14. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

If I'm still lazing around this summer like I am now, I would probably be able to make it easily enough. Perhaps my VF mate here can make it too; he's a pretty strong player.

Details needed. (like where to stay?)