1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Polish VF5 Gathering [CANCELLED]

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by GLC, Feb 20, 2007.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

CANCELLED due to time constraints.

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Re: Polish VF5 Gathering, April 28th - May 1st, 2007

Cool. I know it might be hard for you, but due to the cost of the room, I'd go with the sleeping bag. On the other hand, It's better not to cause to much trouble, so I'd like to know, who'd like to rent a room for 5-10 people as mentioned for a small price. It would be a less troublesome solution.

You all use sticks, but I hope you don't mind me using a pad (due to the lag, it would be connected via USB cable). Can you change button settings during a fight in VF? It would help a lot;)

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I've added some hostel info to the post.

Not everyone uses sticks. Not everyone even has a stick for PS3. You can use a pad and even configure button combinations, you're fucked with a pad anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In VF5 you can, no need to go to Options.

4. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL

That's great news about this hostel. I'd definitely go with that. With the 25% discount, that would be a bit above 10 Euro for the whole stay. That's really cheap.
    Please confirm that you'd like to rent this room, so we can book it in advance.

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I would like to rent it, but it's a bit too far and I'll look for something closer to my place. We can't really book anything right now, because there's no date set. Unless you're willing to pay the booking fee (50% of the total cost) yourself and possibly lose that money? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyway, I'm off. Feel free to discuss this thing.

6. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm quite interested. I'm just a casual vf player - not good, but that could be fun to finally see the game, and meet some people who play vf at all.

7. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL

Cool. Where are you from? As soon as GLC comes back he'll be sure to put you on the list.... or not. I mean, it's him who ultimately decides /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. Jigohro

Jigohro Well-Known Member

Re: Polish VF5 Gathering, April 28th - May 1st, 20

Actually, I seem to hail from the very same place as you, heh. It was surprising to see so many players from Poland here... Well, I've stepped out of the line, now it's only to await GLC's judgement /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif .

9. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360

i'm still interested... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    all is clear for me excluding the sleeping place, but it's too early to discuss that... so i'm waiting ... :]

10. BodyMechanic

BodyMechanic Member

I'm not actually FROM poland, im here for some research nd shiet when I have to and d be down with going. It would probably be one day out of the whole event, but still, one day is good enough for me.

11. Ninja_Turtle

Ninja_Turtle Active Member

Hmmmm, in which city do you plan to do this? And of course GLC is a head of this idea?

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Yup, GLS is that who's the main guy in this gathering.

BTW for me - 99% that I will come, my wife knows about this gathering and hawe no problem to let me go /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Only if there will be some unexpected problem with my little son, I will not make it. That's for that 1% /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

13. lotrzyna

lotrzyna Well-Known Member

I'm also still interested in this event.
    Hey CZ guys - will you bring 4 arcade sticks ?:)
    The city is probably Wroclaw as far as I know...
    How about ZSS is he coming too ?
    Griever will u have a PS3 till this event ? with arcade sticks ? and a game ?

14. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

Nope
    Seems like he is

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

15. Wacha

Wacha Member

If it's still possible, please sign me up. Kuras propably would also be interested. We have a place to stay in Wroclaw (Breslau:)) so it's not a problem. Maybe we will also be able to bring PS3 with ourselves. We'll take game for sure.

16. Griever

PSN:
    Griever_PL

I hope to have a PS3 by then, and a game, but no sticks. I always use a pad and always will, sorry /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. kuras

kuras New Member

You can count me in, however bringing ps3 and sleeping in the different place that she's, is the last thing that i want to do just week after our engagement (especially whit all those horny guys like y'all). Hmmmm... but I do want to make some contribution to polish VF community so I will thing about it.

PS Personally I thing that April 28th - May 1st is really good idea.

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I'll put you on a "waiting list". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Don't get me wrong, but I'd like to put some of the "scene" regulars first, and new people second. I feel that's justified.

Where exactly in Poland are you? And where are you "originally" from? Anyway, if it's one day, you wouldn't even have to get on the list, just drop in.

Sigh, read the first post...

The GLS thing is getting really old, really fast, Uni. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Added.

That's good. I've been thinking about the sleeping thing, maybe it would be possible to everyone (well, except you and kuras I guess) to crash at my place - however, it would NOT be very comfortable (read: sleeping bags on the carpet floor and not too much private space). 40i4, you've been to my old apartment, what do you think?

Added.

You're too paranoid, but it's ok, you can be at "her" side all the time.

19. lotrzyna

lotrzyna Well-Known Member

Kuras and Wacha Im happy you guys decided to write in this topic - now we should wait for GLC.
    I'm villain btw ;-)
    Bring all you can /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    Unicorn make ZSS write his confirmation post in here.

EDIT LoooooL GLC is already here :p

20. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz

We manage this with GLC (happy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ) in PM thread, which originally lead to creation of this public thread; so he is confirmed.