1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: SPoD using f+P or b+P?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by feixaq, Aug 26, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ever since the VF4test machine at SVGL was taken away on Thursday /versus/images/icons/mad.gif, I've been reduced to practicing SPoD and DLC on my Dreamcast VF3tb. I'm curious, though... how many of you use:

(1) P+K+G, b,df+P+K, b+P
    - vs -
    (2) P+K+G, b,df+P+K, f+P

(substitute P+G for P+K in VF4)

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Someone actually uses SPoD? :)

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yes Fool! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Out of habit and well... Player-1-side-(im)breeding.... I habitually always conclude SPoD with right+P, no matter which side I'm on.

-Chanchai

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I've always used b+P mainly because I find going from df, b more natural than df, n, f. Just use whatever you're most comfortable with.

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Chanchai,

Interesting... I tend to end with left+P whether I'm on 1P or 2P myself =)

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Cool/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The reason I go to right+P is mainly because I have an easier time tapping right in general. Perhaps the worst case where I have this "left-tap" problem is K-stepping on the 2p side. My 1p side K-step is decent I think (nothing close to good), but I can't K-step on 2p side if it meant saving my life (which it practically never does anyways hehe).

Maybe my problem is rooted in a very loose (open hand) grip on US style sticks?

-Chanchai

8. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Hey Chris,

MAN I was looking forward to this weekend. Sucked. Total crap. I finally tried Tekken 4 and got beat by like 12 year old twits. Sucked.

Anyway, I always go b+p, exact same reason as Myke.

-Jason

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Well, at least we got to play on the last day VF4test was at SVGL. I'm going to have to find something else to amuse myself for the time being...

10. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

What's a SPoD??

Seriously, I use b+P. Same reasons Myke gave. Doesn't matter which side.
    Too bad about VF4test at SVGL. It'll probably be back in San Jose in no time.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

11. Guest

Guest Guest

a

if my character is facing the right (1p position), i hit back b/c it's more fluid to go from right/down to left. It sounds hard to go from right/down to neutral then to right again.

http://www.magictutorial.com

12. RedQueen

RedQueen Well-Known Member

Re: a

i end with left P everytime. ease then force of habit i guess. its easier and faster for me to move my fat thumb instead my whole hand hehehe

~ Shori no Eko Kimi ni ~

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Go play ' TOK SHU ZAKU BU TAI!!!!'

Either that...or u should actually fire up the DC b4 Rumble in Sydney!

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Do you need to hit neutral between df and f (or b)? I've been rolling from df to f for the final hit and it works great for me...

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Come to think of it...I never considered if I rolled or go neutral,..then tap...
    the motion is so fluid n fast...it's like ' click' followed by ' HE HU HA'

I remember act one showing the tap f motion...
    But I think I tend to roll....