1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Who'll take a trip to Japan to play Evo

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 13, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Being that I miss out on things like Attack of the Clones, good TV (that's a judgement call), mexican food, and other such luxuries that most westerners (and myself at one time) take for granted, I'd normally tend to rub in the fact that I'll get a nice head start on Evo. But, under the circumstances, my heart does go out, b/c personally, I can't wait for that bastard.

I also notice a lot of guys take trips to Japan for various reasons, and get in a lot of VF4 along the way. So, let's hear it -- who's coming over to check it out?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1023943039GaijinPunch">

Who's coming across the pond to play VF4 Evo?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Hell, Yes! I'll do whatever it takes to check out Evolution!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Thinking about it. But, it costs so much money!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />No way. It's just a game, and I'll get to play it soon enough.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />I live in Japan, and camp out at arcades anyway!

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Where's the "I'm going to be there for school anyway" option?

3. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I would have picked option 4 if I still lived in Japan. However, yes, I'd go to Japan and play VF4 Evo. But I can't say I'd go to Japan _to_ play VF4 Evo.

4. Kyo

Kyo Member

What about the "I would just like to go to Japan, period!" option??

5. hananokeiji

hananokeiji Well-Known Member

I am really considering heading to japan to check the machine out..... sigh... but i dont get my annual after august.. *cries*

might need to ask Gaijin to check on places to stay, prices etc.. onegai!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I would love that, but I too need to know how much would the trip cost and stuff... It will probably be a trip of about 10 days If I could afford it, and I need to come back before (Or on) August 19th as school starts that day.

Now, who would reccommend nice and cheap places to live in for 10 days, provided that the trip would only be for VF and nothing else? (The chances of me going are still slim though).

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Ill be visiting Zero-chan in Japan and VF4e will surely make part of oure plans

8. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

What about I would go but i got a date with my girl?

9. GaijinPunch

Hehe .... Bring her here. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Almaci -- when are you coming? Just curious. You doing Tokyo?

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yup, Tokyo is part of oure plans ( Zero-chan if all goes well will meet people from Sega, Namco, Anchor etcetera there ) .
    I should be there october or november .

11. GaijinPunch

Well, do look me up if you stop by. Will gladly do my part to give you a mini-tour of sorts if need be.

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you need a "No way, it costs so much money" entry. I'm not even remotely thinking about it due to cost.

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

OK Sounds like fun .

14. GaijinPunch

CreeD: Sorry to hear that. I do agree though, it's a bit of a piss take. Costs me about $10 to take a cab home, which is about a 12 minute bike ride. Crazyness.

Almaci -- Aim for October. The weather is beautiful, and you're just out of Typhoon season.

15. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I'll try to come ine the coming months, not sure when exactly, but I hope soon enough!
    That will be my second time in Japan.
    I hope to meet the good VF players ^_^