1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

POPY VF5 Media

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Ogi, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

since the hk-vf.tv is down. i decided to make a new thread, specialy for popy vf5 videos. its more easy for u guys to dl, no?

http://www.popy.tv/niigata/page004.html

old video:

chibita cup (deleted)

9/22 PRE RANKING BATTLE SINGLE
    Suguru(LI) vs Yocchi(JA) (deleted)

10/8 Senningiri cup 3on3 Final
    Raburado(LA), Akudama cholesterol(BR), Benkiman(VA) vs Yocchi(JA), Senningiri(KA), Makoto(KA). (deleted)

12/10 The 3rd POPY cup 3on3 Final
    Fumito(AK), Nagato(LE), Makoto(KA) vs Chosu(LE), Okami(AO), Fudou(KA).

12/31 4th popy cup single final
    Suguru(LI) vs Emperor Yoshida(SH)

new:

2/12 5th Popy cup 2on2 Final
    Cho(WO),Yocchi(JA) vs Fudou(WO),Suguru(KA).

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks Ogi for keeping media alive ^___^

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks Ogi, I finally got a chance to watch some movies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I noticed at the end of the second match (4:43), Aoi vs Akira, Akira does a knee in a disadvantage situation (reverse nitaku) and floats Aoi for a combo and the win. My question is, what was Aoi doing when the knee came out? My first thought was it was a throw attempt, and I was surprised not to see a throw-clash!

But, after framing through the sequence, I can't say for sure Aoi was throwing?

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Myke I watched that match yesterday and I thought Aoi was actually going to win. BAM Knee I think she :

A) Dashed forward for a delay or something
    B) Even if she had thrown, the Knee would have beaten the throw according to the new throw system. A move can beat a throw I think if its Knee class or lower.
    C) She went for a reversal, whiffed and got launched.

My money is on C.

Sometimes you got to love VF /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

yeah I'd concur with c /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Although C is likely, I think B is a good bet too. The bit Noodalls translated regarding Clash mentions that it won't work on "big" moves. Myke, was it the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif knee or the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif knee? That might have been the difference between the clash and the Akira player's win, especially if "big" moves are ones that knock down (like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif).

7. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Knee moves won't clash, it was noted in Yanaga's Arcadia article about clash.

And clash can happen with "big" moves as well.

8. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Jeneric, I just posted about clash and it will clarify what is going on. Certain Knee moves can still clash, like Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. If it's not considered a jumping attack like Jeffry's Knee, then it's possible for it to clash.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It was definitely the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif!/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif knee, and I'm pretty convinced now that Aoi wasn't trying to throw.

Damn these low quality non-60fps vids! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

The Aoi dashed forward and maybe tried to throw. Akira did 1 frame knee and counter hit her it seems.

If Aoi had done a mid reversal, it would have worked.

If Aoi had thrown without dashing forward, the knee would have beat the throw anyways since Akira is only at -2 after the escaped throw since (17/2)+2 = 10.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Power of AkiraKnee stuns the world again. All of you will float!

Bwahahahahaha!

12. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

That knee sure does seem amazing lol. But I gota admit, it's easily one of toughest things I've ever tried to learn to execute in a fighter =Q (Sure I just began playing this week but damn, 1 frame is really tedious.)

13. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

update:
    12/31 4th popy cup single final
    Suguru(LI) vs Emperor Yoshida(SH)

14. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the post, Ogi!

Fudou's Wolf looks pretty mean! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

AmusementStage POPY Saitama VF5 3on3 03.31

Papa(AK),Senningiri(KA),Yoroshiko(JA).

vs

Sakonji(AK),Rine(WO),Pochi(VA).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6prn3yo75I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6prn3yo75I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    http://www.popy.tv/niigata/page023.html

10th P-CUP VF5 Ver.C 5on5 Battle in Niigata-POPY 2007.09.16

Winning team was Wakabakai: Auru (AO), Yoroshiko (JE), Babu Kitsu (AK), Senningiri (KA), Koedo (KA)

Babu Kitsu looks like he's 10 years old?

Visit the link above for movies of the two semi finals, and finals.

Please don't link directly to media!

18. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

that kid is chibitarou from what it looks like

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Doesn't look like Chibitarou to me, nor is his ring name Chibitarou. Chibitarou usually plays Jeffry.

I'm pretty sure I saw Babu playing on the "kids" team in the Black Book DVD tournament.

20. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

120% it's chibitarou