1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible VF5r console Info?

Discussion in 'Console' started by L_A, Jul 28, 2008.

1. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

found this post which was made on july 14 with some interesting info. (DISCLAIMER) I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT but this page has been deleted from the google.co.jp search. There is a small counter in the top corner which says あと 239日17時間32分36秒 suggesting the game might be out in around 8 months.

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:nuj...clnk&cd=1&gl=jp

Heres a general translation of whats on the page. I am working so I dont have time to do this properly.

Its gonna be a ps3 exclusive and will have all the options that were missing in the online mode for xbox like your own ring name, comment, emblem, image demo,etc. For the people that have a problem with a laggy connection theres a way to blacklist players from a seach. Theres also an option to cancel mid match.

Item updates are planned to be once a month and there are plans for ps3 only items. Theres also a mode where you can teach techniques to a cpu player like in version D and send that ai to actually fight online.
    Apparently the evo style training mode is back too in the dojo.

Hope its not BS. I got a second opinion from reno and he says it might be credible so who knows.

2. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

Watch it end up on 360 as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

AM2 announce EXCLUSIVELY again!!!
    The describe sounds pretty good and I hope it comes for real.
    But on PS3 only.....I don't think so.....

4. Heartbreak013

Heartbreak013 Well-Known Member

if its on PS3 only im gonna be pissed

5. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

They definitely won't sell as many copies in the US if it's not on 360... Waaay more 360's in the west than PS3's... They're still only thinking of the Japanese market, who mostly own PS3... They'll get to play it in the arcade and at home and I won't get to play at all???

Say it ain't so...

6. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Man, if it doesn't end up being same day release, I'll be so happy to hear it's on PS3.

7. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    It will come out for xbox eventually. Oh hey! Wheres that guy from Sega. The one who provided us with the info before the xbox release of VF5? Lets ask him if he's heard anything about it.
    Besides that, I'm covered if it goes in either direction.

8. Imperfecto

Imperfecto Active Member

If I don't see this game in the states, I'm moving to Japan.

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I'm so glad i held on to my PS3! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If true, this sounds like the ultimate console version. Recording mode in Dojo & monthly items FTMFW!!

10. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

If this doesn't happen, dont kill me, guys! But I have a feeling this isn't false info as i've seen info get leaked and hidden in the same fashion a few times before.

11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, this sounds rather legit in all honesty, and unfortunately, so does the time on the release lol. 8 months will be killer. BUT, this way, we should get a current version of the game or the final one for R perhaps. Which is a good thing indeed.

12. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    vf5r + playstation home +trophies i can picture it now > AWESOME /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

13. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

If this is true I'm getting a PS3.

14. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    aww man i just got my 360!

15. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Either way I am covered, but I'm routing for a 360 version. While the PS3 version may end up being superior, the 360 online mode has been tried and proven to work. I would be greatly disappointed if the PS3 online version ends up like Tekken 5:DR

Overall if this is true it sounds like it's going to be awesome. Monthly item updates... holy shit! Record mode... wooooot! I might actually get super serious if record mode is there. I love VF but damn not having a record mode definitely put a damper on the level of training I normally do in terms of VF.

16. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

look for Ps3 version in Japan (import gets 1-2 month window) and Ps3/360 version in the U.S. now the question is...what version to get? Look for more info at TGS, but most likely only about the Japanese version.

17. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    curse my rampid fanboy-ism ill probably get both

18. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^Seriously lol. Same boat as you :\

19. Coroo

Coroo Well-Known Member

heheh i agree i'm thinking of getting both if it comes to it

20. Caj

Caj Well-Known Member

So it pretty much has every single thing we wanted out of the home versions and then some.I really hope it's true because this would definitely be the ultimate VF experience for everyone old and new.I just got a feeling they'll have a VF5 FT by the time it does come out and we'll be wanting that twice as much /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif