1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Postcards from the edge

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, May 4, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Being the administrator of VFDC and having a link to my email address in the footer of Versus City, it should come as no surprise that I receive a few emails every day. These emails usually comprise of questions about characters/moves, unlocking stuff, and general problems on the site, with their login. Every other day, one or two emails are nothing but a virus sent from bogus accounts. *snicker*

But every now and then I'll get emails that leave me speechless. Since these emails are completely way off base and/or plain ridiculuous and coming from complete strangers, I usually have no idea of I should address or acknowledge them, and for the most part I leave them unanswered. But some of these emails are just too funny or ridiculuous to keep to myself, and so I present for your enjoyment, a peep into my Inbox. The authors of these emails shall remain anonymous and this is not meant to offend anyone directly, but if you are then you deserved it :p

Date: Mon 22 Apr 2002
    Subject: send

Please send me a free game of virtua fighter.

Date: Wed 17 Apr 2002
    Subject: help

I don't know whats wrong but please, HELP?

Date: Wed 17 Apr 2002
    Subject: i got a error report

I have a feeling something is wrong can you help me i got the error report.

p.s. i love your game and since Lau Chan is very sick will he die? dont make him die

Date: Mon 15 Apr 2002
    Subject: virtua fighter 4 for ps2

i recently purchased the game listed in the subject. when i put it in my system it made alot of noise and would not play until i turned the system vertical. i returned it twicw and had the same outcome every time. could you possibly tell me why this is so, or who to contact with my problem...thank you...

Date: Mon 8 Apr 2002
    Subject: hard disk drive

Has anyone seen VF4 running on the Japanese PS2 yet using the new hard disk
    drive? FYI, I just bought the new HDD and the game looks amazing using
    it....

Date: Sat 30 Mar 2002
    Subject: hi

why wont u let me register

Date: Thu 28 Mar 2002
    Subject: VF3,4

Myke,my name is [edited out]. I'd only like Virtua Fighter 3,4. Please, can you give it me? My adress:[edited out]

Date: Wed 27 Mar 2002
    Subject: hi

hi can you tell me my username and password again i forgot them

Date: Wed 27 Mar 2002
    Subject: Re: Your password for Virtua Fighter Dot Com

Thanks for the password. I like it.

Date: Sun 17 Mar 2002
    Subject: hey

can you let me play this game on my computer. from.[edited out]

Date: Thu 14 Feb 2002
    Subject: Hello,

Hello,

I am a Nintendo Gamecube owner, and I believe strongly that your company should provide gamecube owners a copy of the virtua fighter franchise as nintendo has lacked good fighting games for quite some time. It is pretty terrible when the only intense fighting game you have to offer is Super Smash Brothers. Thank you for you time, patience, and attention. I am not asking that you promise, just see what you can do.

Thank you,

Date: Sat 9 Feb 2002
    Subject: VF

Hi! I like download the virtuafighter! Can i help please? Thanks! ž love this game please help! ž live hungary.
    HELP!!!

Date: Tue 15 Jan 2002
    Subject: Cancelation

Hi.

I am very sorry for using your time, but I would like to be cancel my membership.

Thank you.

Date: Sat 15 Sep 2001
    Subject: onismusha

Dear Sir/Madame,
    We are in Paris trying to use the game Onimusha( the French version )--and we are in need of a Code for the game. Do you know where we can obtain this?

THANK YOU.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

ROTFL... I needed something like that /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Wow... I never suspected you had some dark influence over AM2, but after THESE... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

HAHA!..Thats some funny stuff. Id never imagine that youd be getting emails like that.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you ashole! I still want my free game! Insted I get mocket!#1/1/! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

hehehe, Amazing, absolutely Amazing! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

7. ono

ono Well-Known Member

WOW Myke, i had no idea YOU were the creater of VF4!!! Thats awesome...do you think when VF5 comes out, you could send it to me early??? Please,...i could give you ideas on the game......get back to me...

8. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

i especially like the vague email, the one "i dunno what's wrong, but HELP!" and the one guy w/the gamecube who tried to sound professional

the funniest email i got from someone relating to MY VF stuff went along the lines of this:

"well ignore this you piece of shit"

and i had never replied to him before

btw myke, if you want the free VF emails to stop, you could add a link at the bottom of the page where you can BUY VF, unless if you love those emails, i know i would. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Well, did you give the guy VF3 and 4? He didn't even ask for 1 and 2, knowing he might as well only play the latest VF; he's saving you money.

....those are too funny.

Thanks for the password. I like it.

This one cracked me up...

10. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

emails like these ought to be posted whenever you get them /versus/images/icons/smile.gif oh the hours of entertainment it would bring to us all...........