1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Predictions for the world VF4 tourney

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by mook, Mar 23, 2002.

1. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color=blue>ice-9</font color=blue> played <font color=red>chibita</font color=red>'s Lau! <font color=green>I'm green with envy</font color=green>

2. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

Is Chibita still playing Lion? What's his stats for that character? Anyone know?

3. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

Yeah I believe what Ice said, just that i guess he doesn't play Lau much anymore.

according to the Famitsu column on 3/26...

Kyasao Kage is 7579W1330L 85% Emperor
    Chibita Lion is 8761W 771L 91% Demon God
    AniAki Akira 4124W724L 85% 10th Dan
    SHU Shun 4171W1094L 79% Haoh
    BunBun Wolf 4618W2105L 68% 10th Dan

Quite amazing, considering they frequent Shibuya's most competitive arcade (well, Kyasao and Chibita atleast...when they are not out doing Kumite around the nation.)

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A couple of the daioh's feature vanessa playing chibita. I can't recall which ones, but a search for "chibita" and "vanessa" will find the post.
    At the time his van looked unexceptional, but he's probably picked up a few tricks since then.

To answer someone else's post, the last I remember seeing chibita, he had over 7,500 wins and something like a 90-92% win rate.

5. Vicious666

I thought Chibita's Lion was an Emperor?

How come his stats say "Demon God"?

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'm checking Chibita's stats now on VF.net:

Ringname: Chibita (C. Chaps)
    National Rank: 26th

character Data:
    Lion: 8774 Wins 773 Losses
    Percentage: 91%
    Dan/Kyulevel: 10-dan
    Title: Demon God
    Most consecutive wins: 42

Kage:
    Wins 827 Losses: 138
    Percentage: 85%
    Dan/Kyu Level: 10-dan
    Title: Fist King
    most Consecutive Wins: 50

Vanessa:
    Wins: 698 Losses 162
    Percentage: 81%
    Dan/Kyu level: 10-dan
    Titles: Fist King
    Most Consecutive Wins: 40

And that's all folks! If he ever used Lau, then he completely removed the card from his profile, which I find hard to believe. Or, he has another mobile phone, and is registered to a different profile.

7. ktj

ktj Member

So Chibita doesn't have a 100 win streak like somebody mentioned as fact before.

8. Vicious666

How weird. I thought that Uk-guy (that right?) said he fought Chibita's Emperor Lion when he was at Kani-spo.

9. King_Ruckus

King_Ruckus Member

"World Tourney"?

So there will be a US part of this tourney?

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Actually..I dun remember where I read that from...
    site?
    board?
    book?

Totally forgot abt it.

FWIW, i think I recently mentioned abt it too.
    Sorry to have mislead anyone.

11. J_Chuang

I remember reading that from maybe the famitsu column. Hell i think a lot of top players can get 100 wins relatively easy if they play in less competitive arcade.

[​IMG]

The child on the left (the peace kid) has a 5th Dan Kage. Just 6 years old. I guess VF "is" like chess/igo now we are having these super kids emerging.

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

He apparantly didn't have that streak... if he did, it was on another card, or perhaps there was something wrong w/ the machine (I'd say about 5% chance of any of the above). The other thing I find odd, is that he doesn't have much feedback (although 24 people gave him the "unmatched in this world" comment. I find that hard to believe w/ 8000 wins. Now, what that means is, he could've had trouble w/ his card, and have to remove it from VF.net, then add it again. Doing this wipes out your wins record, as well as your advice. I had 23-wins w/ my Lion, and had to remove/add my card, and now I'm stuck on 5. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif That's the more likely thing that happened.

13. J_Chuang

Serious man, who cares? i don't live in japan nor have i ever seen those supposely top japanese players. I feel ridiculous on having to wrote about someone i don't know personally. You are the "gaijin" in japan anyway so you must be right. All I remember is that there was an interview of him visiting an arcade outside of his usual hangout and got a long win record. And I was not the person who posted here about it the first time. Besides, It is not like he needs to lie to brag about a winning streak anyway. I believe you prolly read the same japanese pages as i do. If so you can also find (if you haven't) some of his arcade kumite records posted, IIRC there are plenty of 99-1 or like 97...blah. That is why i think making long winning streaks are probably nothing exciting even to the players themselves.

14. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re:Vanessa will win next World Championship

GP wrote:He apparantly didn't have that streak... if he did, it was on another card, or perhaps there was something wrong w/ the machine (I'd say about 5% chance of any of the above). The other thing I find odd, is that he doesn't have much feedback (although 24 people gave him the "unmatched in this world" comment. I find that hard to believe w/ 8000 wins. I can appreciate the thought process but there are several other possible realities here. if I have a 100 game win streak and that streak is broken and I lose ranking before I recover from the bad streak it may be possible that the win streak begins anew. I have seen vids of chibita with streaks over 100 apprearing on mpeg but this number seems to change in relation with the ranking calculation formula. I've asked many times and never clearly understood anyones answer. I think you responded affirmative to my question about win streaks appearing in the lower right hand corner of screen with VF-net system earlier. Have a good weekend. I'm student of Vanessa this week. "Come On!" I predict that Vanessa will win the next World Championship. <font color=black>The Brotherhood</font color=black>