1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Prevent my own downkicks?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Aidan, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Hey folks

I think I´ve got a pretty easy problem here, but I just can´t figure it out...
    Heres my question with Kage as example:
    When I try to do the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after a flop or st. crumble, I get a downkick instead.
    So, what do I have to do to prevent that downkick?
    Searched the Wiki a few times but I havent found something yet...

Greetz

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

hold the direction for a while (as in during the last input) to get the move out.

Or do a slide from forward to down-forward like some folks apparently do.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    After the move you do the crumple with, keep hold the stick forward or down and then roll the stick to df and do the sidekick-combo.

Trick is to press the stick to some direction during the previous move and then roll the stick to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif without going via neutral.

4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Ah ok, and this explains why it often happend by mistake...
    Thanks guys.