1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pride in America

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Akebono, Apr 16, 2002.

1. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: T-shirts!

preparation again exhibited by mpeg.
    Please wait.

0034 has created a few cool t's...
    VF4 players in NA have been ignored by Sega for too long. Hope we can get some mpegs to send to BT at pyrexia. he would be happy to post 'em for download. VF4 players, let's get busy.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

No harm done, I made the 'loser' comment in response to 'now that's intimidation', but it wasn't serious: note the lol... as for living in maine, you were half right.
    I think this thread's pretty dead.

3. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I agree, I got my message across. Creed, do you ever come to florida, We would love to have you at one of our gatherings. We have two every week. This goes for anyone else as well.

4. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I do agree with creed's points, but unforntunately american's tend to not want to put country pride because we believe in ourselves a lot. Every other country doesn't have the same rights or things we do and are always hearing it from relatives or tv, therefore in sports or anything , they take a bit more pride than we do in their competitors..
    Anyway,
    I have trying to push the idea, that in one of our gatherings, especially if its a big one, We should all pitch in and try to fly one or two of those guys over here.. I mean, I can give them room, food, travel and anything else and i'm sure anyone of you guys would too. We can pitch in for their airfare , about 700 bucks ..
    I;m willing to, i mean it'll be like a clinic .. I'm for it...
    Please we should push this...

brown-nose-stino

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Well I know who the best is in Montreal.../versus/images/icons/wink.gif And that changes on a daily basis !

My best competition is leaving for Japan next monday and staying there for a few months. I expect he'll be handing me my ass as a result when he comes back. But there's still loads of competent players and even more coming along as the ps2 is a solid training base for a bigger playing pool. The problem remains that we have little available comparison ( vids ) to know exactly what the level of playing is in NA. If FL has bi-weekly get togethers with an educated playing pool put some vids up to show us what you got ( the materials there ). Post the best matches up on a box and let the rest of the continent know whats up. I encourage ppl in every VF niche to do the same. Hell I'm going to T.O. at the end of May and I'm definetly angling for some film footage. *White_getting_chewed_out_in_Ontario-01.wmv*.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

We are working on that as I type this. =)

Look for some Hydra vids to be ready by tomorrow evening or fri HOPEFULLY!!! We are doing our best to get them up by this weekend.

Please look forward to it ^_^

thank you

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sure, florida isn't a bad trip from here, and you guys have way too many players for such a ... southern... state. I bet half your moms'n'dads vacation in maine too, it seems like half the world does ...

8. Akebono

What is that supposed to mean. I mean Florida has everything, Football,Hockey,Soccer,Disney,Miami(one of the most well know citys in the world)basketball, golf, and pretty much every other sport on earth, plus we are the best at football hands down. Why shouldnt we have a plethora of VF players

9. Akebono

What is that supposed to mean. I mean Florida has everything, Football,Hockey,Soccer,Disney,Miami(one of the most well know citys in the world)basketball, golf, and pretty much every other sport on earth, plus we are the best at football hands down. Why shouldnt we have a plethora of VF players

10. Harlock

Harlock Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

it takes more than natural ability to win at VF. Americans lack the other ingredients: half of them lack competition and damn near all of them lack the work ethic.

<hr></blockquote>

Can you define the work ethic for me? That is the only thing that I am confussed about.

11. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

He means, most Americans are all talk and no kicking ass, sir! I'm ready to represent America and I know everyone in Florida is ready too! Who else is ready? Can we be Team USA? Omaha Jeff? Feiqax? Dean? Tragic? SilEPai /versus/images/icons/wink.gif))). Are you guys and girl in? We can do this if we try.

12. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yo!
    The only vids I have from me are me playing the CPU on my PS2. My woman is anti-VF, so having friends over to smoke their asses is way out of the question. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Sad thing is, most of the guys on my team, are better than me, but I can give them a pounding. Looking into getting some flicks made, but I'm nothing compared to Chibita, etc.

I'm generally in the big places in Shibuya. If anyone is coming to Tokyo anytime soon, lemme konw and I'll give a VF tour!