1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Priority question using Sarah, amoung others

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by HC82, Mar 26, 2002.

1. HC82

HC82 Member

I have a few questions for those who are well informed in the ways of sarah.

Does the move 'full spin dive/heel kick' {U or U/F + K} have priority over any other types of moves in general(distance might effect the priority)?

I know it's not reverseable, can be chained with a moonsault for avoiding damage if blocked and can juggle opponents for alot or a little damage depending on there weight. It's about as fast as her regular standing kick flip(which isn't that fast compared to her other moves) since shes adjusts her footing before doing it. I was just wondering what priority it has so I could use it in other situations aside from a counter heavy player, or change ring postions(maybe ura?).

Also the rolling face crush {u/f P+G} has some great priority, but exactly what moves does it have priority over aside from straight punches? Also, what moves can an opponent do which could negate the grappling effect of this grab? Like 10+frames before it grapples the player could {insert move or move type here} to avoid or stop it, aside from ducking that is.

Like if a player is doing a combo, like say jacky and I rolling face crush to counter one of his long winded combos...imagining if jacky has super human reflexs(or is just kinda lucky) would a midlevel kick for example negate the grappling effect, or is it only ducking or sweep/low attacks that can negate the grappling effect.

I ask this because if I see a particular character doing a combo, I want to know if I should face crush them or evade/crouch dash. The combo that I see might have the ability to change up(ie. k,k or K,d+k), thus negating the RFC if they change up with a certain move at the point or a little bit before it grapples...leaving me wide open when I could of evade/crouch dash instead. I guess it's a slightly more confusing priority question about what takes priority over the RFC which isn't a crouching move.

Thanks in advance

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The u/uf+K is easy to see coming, and doesn't have crazy priority like b+K+G or FL K, so it's used mainly as a high float starter (for those annoying R-DTE opponents). If you want priority, use u+K+G or f+K+G, which are much safer and stuff rising attacks easily. The uf+P+G IIRC may be a catch throw, but it's still a throw, so any slow attack will make Sarah whiff. If the opponent had great timing, they could even K(G) out of the throw, but even low-level kumite opponents simply low punch me out of it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. HC82

HC82 Member

Thanks for the info.

I know b + K+G has great prority and I use U + K+G quite frequently in the round. I was just wondering if there were more uses which I could use the FSD in a battle against any foe.

Guess i'll I have to use Rolling Face Crush only in the right situations.

4. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The uf+P+G IIRC may be a catch throw, but it's still a throw, so any slow attack will make Sarah whiff. If the opponent had great timing, they could even K(G) out of the throw, but even low-level kumite opponents simply low punch me out of it

<hr></blockquote>

From this I believe your understanding of catch throws is flawed. Catch throws will beat attacks or the kick g-cancel. Unlike regular throws, which will miss if your opponent is in the execution of a move, catch throws will "interrupt" your opponent's attack.

Low punch, on the other hand, will beat a high catch throw as the catch throw is still standing/crouch specific.

-Jason

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

The FSD is better at long range okizemi but risky. It is slow. Sarah actually turns around first prior to doing the flip for the FSD. It happens rather fast but a lucky punch from your opponent will lead to a very possible back stagger situation.

And no, the MS after is not safe either. A TT move will nail you rather fast. Against lightweights to middleweights, the FSD is the starter for the spectacular FSD, PG, b+K, u+K combo. The motions require much practice to get right.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I primarily start using the FSD when I fear my opponent reversing mid more often because I'm being predictable with elbow/dragon cannon/punt kick/hydro side kick/and every phreaking other of Sarah's attacks that hit mid-level. FSD has the ability to evade sweeps but that's about it with regards to "priority" over oppoosing attacks.

If you need to reverse the ring and don't see the opportunity to throw (b,f+P+G or ff+P+G) a FSD-moonsault is the next best thing, but I've had Sarah change axis (over 90 degrees) for the moonsault because my opponent dodged and actually ring out to the side of the original axis of the fight when I started the FSD.

I also recommend the KP combo if you're opponent is looking to reverse mid a lot. The P(G), b+K, [FL]u+K combo Genie mentioned will also work after a KP interrupt.