1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Evo, quest mode

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Llanfair, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Thought it would be best if we started consolidating some of these posts. There wasn't any central place for this - what I intend for this thread to be is a good list/discussion of what quests and subquests are needed to complete quest mode. I'll toss out what I know so far, and others can contribute what they know as well. Perhaps once this is discussed in its entirety we can create a table showing the areas in their order, the ranking range of players there, the main quest to move on, and the subquests available. (The ? are because I can't remember)

List of places in the order they appear (not including Event Square)

<font color="orange">1. </font>Sega World West
    Main Quest: ?
    Subquests: ?
    Fighter Ranking Range: 10th kyu - 4th Kyu?

<font color="orange">2. </font>Club Sega Bay Area
    Main Quest: Defeat 30 opponents?
    Fighter Ranking Range: 1st Kyu - 4th Kyu?

<font color="orange">3. </font>Sega World South
    Main Quest: ?
    Fighter Ranking Range: low Kyus - 3rd Dan?

<font color="orange">4. </font>Club Sega Plant Area
    Main Quest: Complete 4 subquests
    Subquests: evade 10 times, 40 major counters, win two matches without ever guarding your opponent's attacks, float for 70+ points of damage 5 times, others?
    Fighter Ranking Range: 1st Dan - 5th Dan

<font color="orange">5. </font>Sega Arena Midtown
    Main Quest: Defeat 50% of the opponents
    Subquests: Ringout 3 times, others?
    Fighter Ranking Range: ?

<font color="orange">6. </font>?
    <font color="orange">7. </font>?
    <font color="orange">8. </font>?

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Please contribute to where the blanks need filling in...

cheers,

2. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure that the main quest in Sega World West is to beat 15 opponents. One of the subquests is win 5 matches in a row. Not sure about the others as I cleared them without ever knowing how. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Coolio - thanks.

I'll continue to update/edit the list in my first post as people remember more...

cheers,

4. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

Club Sega Bay and Sega World South have the same quest, but the requirement (the numbers of times you have to do it) is different. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it's asking to do. Sega Bay asks you to do the event 5 times, while Sega World South asks you to do it 4 times. Any help with those 2 would be appreciated.

Clube Sega Plant also has one quest which asks you to defeat 3 Jeffry's, and another that asks for 5 4-hit combos. Hope that helps.

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

As I'm going through with the translation, here is the guideline for every arcade.

Name of Arcade
    Arcade event qualification requirement
    Quest Mode Challenges

The thing about the quest challenge that hard right now is that more are unlocked as you complete them. I think I'll do 5 of them for each arcade unless more is needed. It's also hard to organize the quest challenges because there is no specified orders to them, so you guys will have to guess which is which once you've finished the initial 3 quests. It's going a little slow right now cause my time is being take up by Versus mode and also getting more quests and arcades unlocked. I'll have something up very soon.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

I got a question and yeah, I've been living under a rock so here goes:

Is there still ranking involved in Quest?
    What's the highest rank now, still High King and Emperor?

And will Quest take longer to finish than Kumite?

7. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

Two more for Club Sega Plant, which seems to have an endless supply of quests. First, there is one that asks you to accumulate 6 seconds of time where both you and your opponent are standing. You cannot be hit, or even block an attack, and the counter doesn't move like a timer, it only adds time when you get your opponent out of standing (i.e. by floating). The second one asks that you have your opponent whiff 6 (I think it's 6) attacks. Shun is great for this one.

Also, is it just me, or is the store virtually useless if you want good items? Everything "cool" item I've gotten has been from a quest or as a Prize. So far I've received (I play Jeffry) the snorkel and goggles, fins, small shield, viking helmet, roman armor (arm), and a high hair style all from random battles. My store has like 2 pairs of sunglasses, some eye and hair colorings, new win poses, and replays. Am I doing something wrong?

8. Newduck

Newduck New Member

6. SEGA ARENA UPTOWN

7. SEGA WORLD NORTH

8. SEGA WORLD EAST
    Main Quest: Defeat 4 high ranking "gold" tab guys, no idea what rank they are, but the background of their text is gold.

Winning all the tourneys = unlocking a third option in event square, which is a new tourney, win that, get credits.

9. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

10. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

"Do the 'evade catch escape' 10 times. Input the 'catch escape' command 3 times or more."

Does that mean a triple throw escape or what?

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    sixtwo said:

"Do the 'evade catch escape' 10 times. Input the 'catch escape' command 3 times or more."

Does that mean a triple throw escape or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, three throw escapes.

12. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

10 Evade-triple-throw-escapes?! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That item better be good /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

13. sixtwo

sixtwo Well-Known Member

I got a sword for it, at least I think I did. I completed 2 of the star quests yesterday, and one of them yielded a new outfit color (sky blue, yuck) and the other was the viking-esque longsword (for jeff of course).

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    3of19 said:

10 Evade-triple-throw-escapes?! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That item better be good /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it that big a deal? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just do neutral + two directions. Perform this once or twice per round and you'll complete this order in no time.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Is it that big a deal? Just do neutral + two directions. Perform this once or twice per round and you'll complete this order in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ETTE isn't a big deal, but that evade-quadruple throw escape (EQTE?) mission must be a cruel joke by the developers. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm almost done though.

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    DRE said:

ETTE isn't a big deal, but that evade-quadruple throw escape (EQTE?) mission must be a cruel joke by the developers. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm almost done though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the Throw Escape Challenge? They could have been right bastards and made you do it successfully 3 times in a row /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif Once you get the rhythm down though, you're set.

17. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I don't remember in which area it was but ther was a mission in which u have to guard 50 of your opponent moves. The problem is that each time your opponent guard one of your moves u get -1.
    So u have to block and go for throw.

18. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

In the status screen in quest mode if you choose the third option you will see all the amusement centers along with your "Conquest percentage". What are the first 2(the ones in japanese)?

19. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    replicant said:

mao2 over at gamefaqs ran across this link so I thought I would share it.
    Here is a link to the Quest Mode being translated.
    The first 4 clubs are already done so far.
    http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~teehoe/junk/vf4evo.txt

[/ QUOTE ]

Link is down /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    This sucks! Guess we need to make it ourselves /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

20. Killbomb

Killbomb Well-Known Member

If anyone happened to save that file, could you be so kind as to c&p it here? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif