1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 HD and modem - who where is going to buy?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Who here plans on dropping the 200 bucks it will cost to buy both the HD and the modem?

2. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Already did. Not much to talk about other than the reduced load times... and from what I've experienced so far, even that's not that great of an improvement.

3. Shadowdean

was it worth it?

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Isn't it obvious from what he just said?

5. vf4akira

For me I'd say it was kinda worth it. However, buying the HD just for games is a waste of money IMO. Maybe later when there are more games that use the HD+network combo (like FFXI) it'll be more appealing, but right now it isn't.

6. Shadowdean

I think his reply answered your question..it depends.

7. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

akira, is it true that the HD gives vf4 the arcade intros? check the japanese version of vf4.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I am sure the HDD gives u the arcade endings
    not sure abt the intro

9. vf4akira

Well, due to Sony's lameness, I've only been able to use my HD with FFX. Recent games like VF4 require the HD to be formatted with Sony's HD Utility disc, which I do not own. I'm looking for someone who has disc, but unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has it. So right now VF4 detects that my HD is there, but will not use it because it's unformatted.

I don't have the consumer HD package, I bought the PS2 Linux kit (which is the same HD/network combo but w/o the utility disc). If I'd known earlier about this situation, I probably would have reconsidered buying the damn thing.

For now, I'll just have to settle with using it with FFX until I can borrow the utility disc from someone.