1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Memory Card Save Failures

Discussion in 'Console' started by Nyriane, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Nyriane

Nyriane Member

First of all, apologies if a similar thread has already been made. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I recently purchased the PS2 Greatest Hits version of VF4:Evo. The game plays fine, but it has problems saving anything. It always fails to load the file system the first time, but you can load it later. However, you can't overwrite the file with new data. Suspecting perhaps a corrupted file, I've tried numerous times to delete all VF4 saves from my card and start over, but this hasn't worked either. The error message is always "Failed to Save."

For all my other games, though, I've never had any problems saving to my memory card, which still has 4MB free. I have saves for TTT, T4, SC2, Dynasty Warriors 3, and some other random games. It's only VF4 that doesn't work.

Anyway, have there been any other known issues of this? I don't see how this problem is related to the disc, since the game plays fine, but I guess I'll just return it if I can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Check the system date and time of your PS2. What you have sounds something similar to what I had after I had my PS2 modded. When I tried playing VF4 after the mod, I found that it always reported errors when trying to save. Prior to the mod everything was fine.

So then I checked the system date and time of my PS2 (by chance) and noticed that it had been reset (something like 99:99:99 etc) and was invalid. After setting it to my local date and time, I ceased to have the problem and all my VF4 saves were working fine again.

Hope this helps.

3. Nyriane

Nyriane Member

Wow, that fixed it! I modded my PS2 so long ago and would never have thought of that fix. Thanks a million! <3