1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Hori VF5:FS Arcade Stick

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by akai, Mar 2, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
  2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I have to say this stick looks great!

3. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    Stick looks blah, why does it have 4 green buttons?

This is Virtua Fighter, not Tekken!

4. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    The stick looks huge, are there measured anywhere I might missed?
    However, sadface at PS only...

5. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    [​IMG]

Same size.
    Weight is 5.7lbs (2.6kg), compared to Madcatz TE at 6.2lbs

6. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

7. Dennis0201

Re: VF5FS Stick

The angled edge at front hurts my wrist(especially my left one). It's very very uncomfortable to use this stick to be honest. Ironically, it's designed to rest your wrists.

The rest parts are perfect as VSHG, the weight, size, and even better with turbo function.

8. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I prefer the TE still myself, but if this is the same version as their other one just with a different decal, it should be good. The body is big so there is less chance of the stick moving on your lap. It's a million times lighter than the TE.

9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

That stick is PS3 only but I play mainly on the 360. I'd buy that VF stick though if I could mod it to play on both consoles. Have no idea how and don't know who to give it to for modding. [​IMG]

10. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

Pre-Order Site

Official release date for stick will be announced on May 21, 2012.

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Doubt i'll use it but might as well pick one of these up, is there anyone in the US that would be willing to pre-order me one?

I will pay for the product and shipping costs beforehand.

12. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

WHY NO 360 VERSION????? [​IMG]

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Dual mod it man [​IMG]

14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

Such a pain though lol, cmon Sega you don't want my money or something? What is the logic for PS3 only in the first place? Aren't most people who play VF on the 360?

I hope Madcatz step in and do a limited edition FS TE stick for 360, they do make a lot of sticks.

15. Dennis0201

16. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

i got the hori soul calibur v stick i love it im glad i got this instead the vf stick is ok but to narrow for me

17. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

the fighting edge is sick

18. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

I'm with you man. I have both systems, so it doesn't matter to me. But a FS limited edition for 360 should be offered. I'm sure some here would pick it up for it's collectible nature... and if it is, Sega should put someone other than Akira. All we see is Akira on the goddamn packages. They should put some of the females on there... it's what guys want. No sausage please.

19. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I really like this stick, been using it since I got it the day before FS came out on PSN. I'm a fan of the Astro City button layout though it's not for everyone (Dennis has already said it's really not for him, and I am certain it's not for Femto or Zass 30 because they like to use the far right buttons).

Would have been awesome if this was available for 360 but it wasn't.

For the record, I prefer it over my TEs and my Fusion (but the Fusion is awesome). I like that it's not too heavy, but the wide (and narrow) base makes it very stable on lap or on a surface. I wasn't sure if I would have liked the palm rest design, but I ended up liking it right away. My only gripe is that Hori is bad at making the compartment doors for the cord. These doors fall off easily and when putting them back on you feel like you're going to break the hinge/peg.

But VSHG is still the best imo ^_^

20. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Why is it only for PS3? Don't they know that other people play it on Xbox 360 as well?!