1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PSN Good Games

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Myke, May 31, 2012.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Played a good game with someone? Give them props! [​IMG]

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for the good games thread, Myke.

3. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Thanks for smashing me really quickly dennis... Would like to try again with Jean at some point [​IMG]

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

GGs~

Sorry about laggy matches because I was using wireless at this moment. I wonder how do you guys think PSN connection this time?

Pai~Chun likes this.
  5. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Lag didn't bother me at all, wasn't too noticeable imho, that Burning Hammer on the other hand [​IMG]

I need to get use to the new system, I am way better with Jean, who I just picked up, than my main Sarah. So i'll spend lots of time getting in matches tonight with anyone (while I drink in celebration of FS) [​IMG]

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Good games to Happy Friend (Lau) and LuckyVFDC (Jean)!

I had a great time playing you guys in Ranking battles. You two were my only ranked losses so far, but it was really fun!

I'm still working out slight insecurity of dropped input or slight lag (but the netcode is excellent), especially in the match against Happy Friend, but I was also fighting nerves because I know how mean your Lau can be!

Lucky has inspired me to spend time watching videos and in training mode to better understand Jean. I just have no idea when I actually have advantage in some of those situations lol. Good stuff!

Keep on rocking, you guys!

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There are parts of me that has to say this is excellent netcode. And there are parts of me that still complains about some effects of lag and almost prefer the old netcode lol.

I think with the old netcode, I could prebuffer stuff and be sure it would come out most of the time.

Under the current PSN netcode, it's mostly excellent and thank goodness you can decline bad connection matches. Bad connection matches can feel worse than what I remember of VF5C bad connection matches, though it's not like those were a walk in the park.

The issues I had was occasional dropped inputs in some weird moments--maybe a lag spike in my end, I really don't know. It was annoying if I got hit by like 3 rapid low punches or things like that, but that was rare and I almost always punished.

The most consistent dropped input for me was doing Lion's b,df+P+K as a normal bound in his combo. I got df+P+K a lot instead.

Also, I had to adjust to combos looking like they won't connect (rightfully so, I would have missed if I completed). That said, the fact that I was able to adjust and improvise the combos in many cases does speak very highly of the netcode!

Those are my thoughts so far, we will see how it is on XBL!

But so far so good! Just sometimes insecure when I feel like I can't input what I want against a really good opponent. It was like nerves x 20! (well, really just when I fought HappyFriend and one of my room matches against a local player, AJS).

The Room Match interface is good, but is there a way to shortcut the timer or do I have to wait the full 35 or so seconds for a match to start each time?

Pro Tip: Wait awhile before judging the connection of your opponents. It seems to take roughly 5 seconds for the system to estimate what the actual connection will be. If it's grey, it doesn't mean it's right away a bad connection, it could mean it's still testing the connection!

8. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
    Great games to these people I played. Jerky, GreenGhoul23, SkyPegasus, ShinDarkChild, and a few others. My local friend CrimzonWolf is getting into the game now too and he was in the lobby too so good games to him as well.

9. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    GGS to Lucky ,Denkai, Happyfriend, Dennis0201, Jinxhand
    and several other PSN players. Gotta almost work on leifei creativity,combos and basic technique again since so many things has changed

10. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

I had some great games with some Vanessa player named Chaox_Fox. I don't know if they are a member on here, but I had fun. I'm going to be a little embarrassed going into these matches for the next week or so since I'm playing on stick now.

I started VF on pad, but I switched to stick for fighting games a couple of years ago, so this is my first VF on stick. I'm having to re-learn the mechanics, plus my main (Eileen) all over again, heh. It is a fun experience though! I just hope the players I am playing forgive me for not playing as well as I should right now, haha.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    ggs everyone i played tonight. Lol we all gotta get hit with everything at first before we adjust

12. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    GG's to dennis again, didn't really get close, but was still awesome.

GG's to Denkai, came very close to winning that [​IMG]

Awesome first day for playing VF online, thank you VFDC!!

13. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

GGs again everyone!

Sorry my wireless connection is really bad, and I'm not familiar with PSN interface and I don't even know how to reply message [​IMG]

Btw, WIN POSE DOES WORKS ONLINE!!!!!

14. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Damn...everything is so new....But GG to everyone. I was up all day training with goh and my god he has so many moves it's crazy.

I know one thing from him though. Doing mix ups with him is a bit tough and hard to keep pulling off 8 hits combos.

His shoulder ram is much easy to do. I think I just only holding down and forward on the joystick and kept pressing p+k. I was like wtf 3 shoulder ram combos! lol! But Today is back to training again. I want to at least try to make a video on him. Even though i'm bad in videos...but now i'm loving that "Back + K" "p+G" [​IMG]

15. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

I'll have to add you for some Goh experience, man. I got rocked by one last night and he was the only one I saw the whole night, so I'd love to learn how to deal with him. I hope we can have some good games as well [​IMG]

16. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    GGs Denkai, LuckyVFDC and KTallGuy [​IMG]

17. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I played a thousand games yesterday. I am basically on summer vacation so hooray for me! I had a lot of fun. Good to see/fight Jinxhand, CHanchai, Denkai, Cozzy, Numbers and everybody else. I'm trying to use Lau's new attacks. I like 4p+k,p+k a lot. It's gonna be tricky to learn all those characters, Jean and Taco especially. Very very cool to turn the game on and have loads of competition. Got to enjoy that while it lasts.

I really like the ability to get players from my area. I am really happy that I can back out of matches. Sorry JCBlack! We have played our last match for all time!

My only beef is that you can't have different character profiles and records in ranking mode. It would be cool to play my weaker characters... But the ranking mode seems to work differently. Thus far, it seems like you don't lose bar... Maybe this changes at the higher ranks.

18. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    GG's everyone I played, supposedly I was on a live stream, said big ups to VFDC, won 30 minutes worth of matches, sad no VFDCers accepted the invite...

19. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

GG to VF numbers, great lei fei man, great lei fei

20. KillaKen

KillaKen Well-Known Member

PSN:
    KillaKen
    XBL:
    KillaKen7
    GGs to White_Worm, I got in the room late and we only played twice, but the matches were fun nevertheless.