1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PSN VF5FS Content Expired

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by kousaka, Sep 13, 2012.

1. kousaka

kousaka New Member

PSN:
    VFkousaka
    I just wanted to document some info in case it happens to anyone. I downloaded the VF5FS trial during the PSN+ promo and then purchased the full game + DLC bundle.

After the trial had expired my VF5FS was bugged. I couldn't launch the game as it was expired and in the PSN store it shows as purchased but does not offer the ability to download but only the choice to purchase again.

Contacting PSN support (http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/) I was able to find out that if you download one of those PSN+ trials and then purchase the game there's a bug that will not allow you to play the later purchase. The fix is to refund the trial through support. To do this they need the transaction information of the trial purchase along with your PSN userinfo. See this email from support:

Edit: Okay so a week later I have the transaction reversed finally. However I'm still having the same issue. Contacted support again. Waiting for a response.

Edit: After a few more tickets. We ended up refunding the full game purchase also and had to repurchase the game with the credit. I ended up having to pay extra because the game was on sale as a bundle with the DLC previously but that bundle no longer exists. Had to purchase the game and the 2 DLC bundles separately costing me an extra 15 dollars. At least its better then buying everything again which I was about to do on a new PSN account.

akai likes this.
  2. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. They refunded the trial version which has a value of $0 of course.

They then said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to be able to download the game. Its now been 2 weeks and I still can't play so I'm giving them another week before I call them and see what's happening.

I called in instead of using their online service. How quickly was your problem solved?

3. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Ah my boy MFB, there are only about 10 people playing VF online now after Tekken Tag 2.. You're missing out on the good Sarah stuff, err maybe akira :p

4. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Sarah is still my main, just going to use Akira as my second.

And you have no idea how much I miss the game, but its not affecting just online, I can't start the game at all which means I can't even practice. Don't worry though, once it starts working again I will be back and I have no intention of leaving VF. Certainly not for Tekken.

5. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I'm getting DOA5 and playing an S tier Sarah so in less than 2 weeks i'll be on less. i'll still play VF with all the crew though :cool:

Sarah very strong if you know the yomi and proper mixups with her. That being said I wish you had the game, cause there isn't very many people online at all. Like literally less than 10, and 2 people in ranked period.

6. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Sad to hear there are so few people online. I always knew tekken and doa5 would shrink the userbase but I thought there would be more people who would stick around. Hopefully we can still organize a few rooms per week where those of us left can meet and play for a few hours.

7. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah... They got VF characters in DOA and they fixed the animations, game is looking great, so i'll be on both. Have you seen the new trailers btw?

8. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Just a quick update in case this happens to anyone else. The person I talked to at sony the first time obviously had no idea what they were doing. I called back since it was taking so long and now they're telling me they it will only be 3-5 days to fix it.

Thanks to their messup I've been locked out of my game for 2 weeks already and apparently nothing was being done in the meantime. So if this happens to you, make sure they don't tell you it will take more than a week.

They actually could have fixed it today but that would have meant giving me a full refund and since there is no longer a sale I would then have had to pay $45 instead of $30 so I chose to wait it out.

@steelbaz, yeah I've been watching some doa5 videos but I just don't like the way the game plays. I've never liked the way doa has played. I might pick it up when it hits $20 since I have a friend who likes to play it for fun but I will just be button mashing in it. I won't be spending time to actually learn the game.

9. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Best not play it if you're gonna mash with Sarah :mad:

10. kousaka

kousaka New Member

PSN:
    VFkousaka
    It's been about 2 days for me but the still haven't even refunded the transaction for me. Contacted support a few more times. Not much luck.