1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pull in throw reverse body check question

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Tha_FeauchA, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Sorry if this question is around here, I couldn't find it.
    How are ppl able to block the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif? I always thought the reverse body check was garunteed but it obviously isn't. Is it just a matter of them guessing if you go /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gifor/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif to block it or does the same recipe work no matter wich direction you go.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This information is in the movelist. Check site menu, virtua fighter 5 - Akira.

Ill recap this time..
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - guarded /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - guarded /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - guarded /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

3. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Why does the dojo count it as a combo then, if it can be guarded?

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Why does dojo count Kages TFt-combos as combo since you can escape the throw? *shrug*

5. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    ohh ok, I see it there now (in the movelist). Thanks for updating me on that extra stuff in there and sorry, i'm new to this game and the website

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Welcome to the game and VFDC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Thanks

8. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Well, you'll reckon that guard and throw escape are different. Honestly, I'm still shocked to find out that the shoulder attacks after the catch throw can be guarded. I would have sworn they were guaranteed. I mean, FFS, why does AM2 hate Akira so much?

9. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

^DUMB comment^

10. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Well, Akira always has the option to not do the follow-ups and go for a guard break combo or a regular throw. It's not like he HAS do shoulder or body check after the PIT. Mind games my friend, mind games.

11. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

It was a bit a of a rant and therefore it had to be taken as such. I'm not sure it was your call to describe it as a dumb comment, if anybody's call at all...

12. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

This is a clever answer. Thanks.

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Anybody know the conditions for the following sequence...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif?

as seen at the end of this vid

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSPv8JNYbdI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSPv8JNYbdI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and danny13's last vid on this page.

What is the purpose of the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after the shrm?

Dojo mode yielded a bunch of blocked shoulders...movelist says I have +18 & shoulder is 16 exe so I'm probably slow...any pointers?

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    It looks like the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif after shrm produces the wall stun animation that allows the dblpm (or BC) to combo.

I haven't worked on the linked YouTube/Danny13 combo yet. My guess is the input for getting shrm is similar to connecting a yoho after PIT->RBC - something like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yea it messed my head up too when I first found that out. But, I just realized while playin in the dojo that the initial /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif can't be escaped /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif so it kinda balances out since you'll now have 3 choices and they are forced 3 choices to reverse instead of 1. The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is gauranted wich now makes that move a lil deadlier IMO now that I know that

16. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Well I don't wanna say it's gauranteed cause I just started playin this not too long ago, so I don't really know. I'm just going by what I experienced in the dojo. I had the cpu's TE's on and they never escaped that throw

17. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yeah, I don't think you can escape /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif but you can block the follow ups. For /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif you just hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif you hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    wow nice combo. And yea, it looked like the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif caused a wallstagger or wallhit upon which the bodycheck hit as counter (hits on stagger are counterhits, and if it was wallhit instead of wallstagger it was also unescapable) and caused the sidecrumple. I reckon he might have even been able to do something more damaging than DbPm as ender, like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or DLC or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(wallhit)->knee.

The ShRm should be guaranteed after the PIT-RBC as far as I know, as long as the throw doesnt cause any kind of wallhit. Without walls involved the opponent however propably stumbles too far for ShRm to connect without crouch dash.

edit: nevermind, the bodycheck causes sidecrumple on ANY sidehit, doesnt even need counter.

19. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

It's a catch throw and all catch throws are inescapable.

However, you can throw, attack (with a fast move) or crouch whenever you see PIT coming, to avoid it.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I thought some catch throws were escapeable? Like, Wolf's DM p+k, or is that not a catch throw?