1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Punish Jacky's Moonsault with El Blaze?

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Supreme_Bananas, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Supreme_Bananas

Supreme_Bananas Active Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm getting annoyed by moonsault spammers online. Because even if it's -26 on block, the pushback and short range of Blaze ensures I can't really punish. Is there a better option than just [6][P][K]?

2. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i use 43k+g on hit p+g 70dmg

moves fast enough to catch the recovery for counterhit and seems to be most reliable for reach compared to 3p+k on hit p+g into stagger combo and 2_6p+k into combo for comparable damage output.

3. Supreme_Bananas

Yeah seems 43k+g, p+g works well, unless it's laggy

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    [2_][6][P]+[K] should work.

5. Supreme_Bananas

Seems it does, but only from up close. If it only just connects 2_6p+k whiffs

6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late response but are doing a crouch-dash into the Shadow Hammer?

7. Supreme_Bananas

No, I'm having trouble with that. But I haven't played VF in a while now my ports are being blocked...

8. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

[3][P][+][K] into [P][+][G] is an option. 18 frame start up I think and it should reach him if you block the somersault. It setups a stagger and you'll go into a RD from it. If they don't break that first stagger, it leads to 120+ damage combo or so.

Shadow Hammer is probably a bit more reliable though and it still gets you pretty good damage.