1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Punishing The Cast

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Johoseph, Jul 22, 2012.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Great thread Joho.

2. FlyMike

FlyMike Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FlyMike45
    Good stuff man! Leave Taka out of it though...

3. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Haha FlyMike [​IMG]

I've recorded some new stuff but before I put it to production I actually had a question.

In terms of format... Do you think I should do it in segments?
    Like...
    Throw Punishable
    PK Punishable
    Elbow Punishable
    Possible combo punish

I'm not sure if that sort of format would help newer players more or not. Or should I just continue going from +10 all the way up to their most unsafe moves in order?

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I guess you should list under the different frame advantages what you can get below. Ex: 10+ throw punishable, +13, PK punishable etc. to make it clearer.

5. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Punishing Taka (sorry FlyMike :eek:)

Also I'm gonna hold production again until I get a lil feedback. The new layout of the + advantage and text work out ok? I'll admit I could go a little further in depth but I feel like if I say "Possible Combo Punish", the person can do the rest of the research on their own. God knows I'm no expert of every character, so I certainly don't know how many + frames each character needs for a full punish.

6. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Heh, I think this video would be good for you, since sometimes I'm wondering why you throw so many unsafe moves out there. Maybe you don't know the frames? [​IMG]

@Johoseph: Nice videos! I think that your idea to arrange moves from safest to least safe is a good idea. Against the really unsafe stuff, I'd even show Lau's stance transition into a launcher. This might not produce the most damaging combos, but it would emphasize your frame advantages on guard.

Lastly, don't forget about frames on hit and counter hit. For the Akira video, I'm pretty sure that you get +12 if Akira hits you with his guard break. I think the command is [6][P][+][K][+][G] or something.

7. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Punishing Eileen!

Had a few problems with audio, so it's a little glitched in a few spots. Sorry.

Tomorrow..... Lion and Jacky maybe????

8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

My eileen she's been even more exposed!

9. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

I say Vanessa and Shun! While I don't hate fighting them, I still tend to find them awkward to play against.... and maybe Blaze!!

10. FlyMike

FlyMike Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FlyMike45
    @ Joho: Sigh....very well lol. No but seriously, this gold. I'll check more of them out when I get time.

@ Lib: I do indeed know and I'm very aware. Plus only a few people ever truly punish me to the extent of what the frames allow, which might be why I'm comfortable abusing certain things maybe lol. But some of his best mixups come off potentially unsafe setups. For how random and risky I play, I really am trying to condition people to one thing or introduce this certain setup or string into their life so I can just flip it on them later. In Taka mirrors, if I punish -15 with a grab attempt instead of headbutt, it's because I wanted to take the guaranteed 80dmg instead of variate a standard combo for less dmg anyway. Or I was too lazy to do dash-> hands or something. This is only in certain situations or scenarios though.

Taka is dry bro. I could play him uber safe and stiff, and profit. But...not my style. In any fg really. I like to keep things interesting and unpredictable as much as possible. "Stylefreein" then go big. Live or die by the risks until I have a reason to settle down and stay honest. Like you see in sets against you. But thanks to Joho, I might have to rehaul my game completely at times if more people start straight murdering me for dumb shit. Eh...I guess this'll be better for all of us lol.

11. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    how did we get to 3 pages and theres no video on jacky? [​IMG]

12. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Cant believe how much i miss free punishment against eileen. great work again johoseph.

13. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
  14. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

15. BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory Well-Known Member

Loving the videos! I have to say that separating them by plus frame punishes makes it REALLY easy to understand and you don't need to add anything else to it. I know my launcher is so many frames so I just look for moves that are punishable with that much advantage. Plain and simple.

Love the videos and I can not stress how helpful they have been for me. People will tell me combos and what to punish with the symbols, but I am that visual type of learner and this is invaluable.

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Can't wait for the Goh one [​IMG]

17. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I approve this series! As a person that doesn't really "talk frames" and prefers a more visual and practical method of seeing whats garanteed and whats not, this is a godsend!. This is something I always I wanted to make if I wasnt so damm lazy. kudos bro.

[​IMG]

18. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

Shit! Just when I was getting good with him as well!

Ah well! Way I see it, it'll be something to watch out for in my game play! Might actually be a blessing in disguise as well! >=)

19. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

DAMN!!! All that Free Punishment i was giving up in her? Her ass is out now...

20. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Great work Johoseph. I spread the word towards my people in Italy [​IMG] i linked your youtube channel in the italian forum.