1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Punishing The Cast

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Johoseph, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Prime

Prime Active Member

hope to see a aoi punishment thread soon lol

2. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks Johoseph! You could leave Brad for last... or better yet just skip him altogether [​IMG]
    Nobody really cares about him anyway, amirite or amirite? Huh?? Yea?! Come oooon!

3. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Punishing Aoi

Punishing Brad (sorry TFam :D)

Punishing El Blaze

Videos should come out more steadily now since I got the annoying recording part out of the way for the whole cast.

Pai, Wolf, Jeffry, Shun, Lei-Fei, Vanessa, and Lion are left.

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Brad is pretty safe. Most of the heavily punishable stuff are off of his lows. I welcome this information being available, as hopefully we can weed out the scrubby Brads out there throwing just about everything.

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Come at me Brad!! It's so helpful knowing what's punishable of his stuff. Same with Lau [​IMG].

6. Prime

Prime Active Member

you are a god among men

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Moves like Lion's 1P+K have evasive properties to them, his positioning tends to slip some attacks (which is my biggest reason for using this move--it seems to beat some attacks in a unique way, it slides).

So it is possible, maybe, that what is happening is Lion's positioning is causing Lau's hit to happen on a later active hit frame. If that's the case, check the damage of Lau's attack (I'm at work again so I'm not testing this soon) and see if the frame stats (advantage) changed at all--did it go up? Test with a move that does not knockdown, if the advantage on hit went up, then a later active frame made contact.

This is my best guess anyways ^_^

8. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Shun, Shun!, SHUN! You confusing confused bastard!

yeah, so , my vote for shun next.

Great Vids Jo

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

So I just tested Lau vs. Lion's 1P+K and 2P+K on Dojo Recorder and here are my results:

1P+K (-15 on Guard, recovers standing)
    * As long as I keep holding a downward direction, I do get the guaranteed 2_3P,P+K combo launcher. It works on this move.

* If I try to let the stick go back to neutral before inputting 3_P,P+K, then I am too late and the attack gets blocked. I just need to slide from whatever downward direction I pressed when blocking low with Lau towards 3 and I can get the sequence to work.

* To identify this low swipe (that recovers high), you want to see Lion moving in a 45 degree angle from the line of combat.

* The reason I singled this move out in my original post is because it is unique in that it recovers standing, not crouching--despite being a low swipe that looks like it should be crouching. However, this unique property of 1P+K has been there forever (I'm pretty sure it was like this in VF3 when the command was something like 2P+E)

2P+K (-15 on Guard, recovers crouching
    * Cannot do Lau's 2_3P,P+K at all. In this situation, Lion can block Lau's mC attempt.

* The execution of Lau's 2_3P,P+K will register as 16.

Chanchai's Interpretation (Guess)
    You said before that Lau can only punish at -15 with 2_3P,P+K when the opponent is standing after their low attack is blocked. I think this is exactly what is happening. Lion's 2P+K recovers crouching while the very similar looking but more angular stepping 1P+K recovers standing.

You should be able to punish Lion's 1P+K with Lau's 2_3P,P+K because I have been able to do this in training.

You won't be able to punish Lion's 2P+K with Lau's 2_3P,P+K.

Chanchai's guess about Lau's 2_3P,P+K: I think this move is a 15 frame execution attack, but the first active hit frame will just not hit a crouching opponent. I could be so wrong, but in mC situation, it is just not happening against -15 on block crouching low attacks that recover crouching.

Hope this helps!

-Chanchai

P.S. I also tested against Lion's 2K(G) --> Hold Guard. Same results as testing against 2P+K. Lion's single low kick is -15 on block as long as he doesn't finish the string. This move recovers crouching. And just like 2P+K, Lau cannot use 2_3P to mC (minor Counter) Lion's 2K(G).

10. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Punishing Lei-Fei. The sound has strangely decided to become unsynced over the last couple vids. I'll try to figure out the problem, it's minor though so I'm not too worried about it.

11. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Gotta try this stuff on the numbers [​IMG]

12. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    i use 2k, 9k+g, all his sweeps, 1p+k ouch my playstyle is risky

13. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    EL Blaze's RD P can be tech rolled the second he hits the ground. I don't know if it can be punished.

14. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Good point Seidon. My main form of testing has been whether you get a recovery CH or not. And since I saw that I figured it worked, I'll check it out sometime when I get home.

15. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Punishing Jeffry

Punishing Pai

Can't for the life of me figure out the tiny audio desync. Haven't changed anything from before and the videos are FINE on my desktop. Just as soon as I upload them they turn out that way [​IMG] Hope it's not too much of an annoyance.

16. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    People should really pay attention the last post it shows what I knew for some time as far as why I try to avoid spamming with Pai. Why don't you try to show bokutai being punished on reaction though before Pai can attack out of it. Every character has at least 1 move that can hit her out of it on react the -40 disadvantage would guarantee some nasty punishments since Pai would be left wide open if a someone did the right move against it.

17. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Good point. For that reason, I'm going repost the Brad video along with some additional notes.

This is data relevant to dealing with Brad's stances:

Stance Entry Data

An important note to add is that Ducking [K][+][G] negates lows, so going by frames isn't always reliable in this case.

18. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

I think the interrupts for those types of stances are a bit unreliable. Whiff if you're too far away, whiff if they enter the stance but delay the stance attack...
    I didn't put much time in studying that but I think I found things like that against Pai. I know for sure it happens with Vanessa.

19. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    ****TAKES A DEEP BREATH****

Punishing Wolf

Punishing Lion

Punishing Shun

Punishing Vanessa

DONE!

I'm glad you guys appreciated what I did here, thanks for all the support [​IMG]

Once n a while an idea strikes me and I just run with it, that's what happened here. Can't say that I'll have another idea anytime soon though, so I'm going to revert back to using my youtube channel for match uploads.

You can hit up the entire playlist here:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL237C1968B40157DA&feature=view_all

Thanks all ! Peace [​IMG]

20. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Some people can near-100% punish Vanessa's DS 1K+G on hit. Like with Brad's and Pai's 9K.
    OS 2K can be 2KPK, which probably can't be interrupted by anyone except fearless 2P mashers.
    Punishing DS 2K (2KP) with standing PK does not seem like a good idea to me.

With this video I have learned that DS 2KP is safe. (Still kinda needs to be hit-checked, but such rules are meant to be broken.)

Your work is not finished. Now you need to make videos about traps, gimmicks, general stuff that are not "supposed" to work.
    Stuff like Shun's spinning headbutt going under 2P so you should always punish with something else, Vanessa's OS 9P giving frame advantage on block...
    And like I wrote above with DS 2KP, if 2K is not counter-hit, you can crouch and punish the P followup.
    People today in shoutbox were talking about Sarah's forward cancel.

So get to work, chop chop!