1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pyrexia VF4 EVO information

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by CreeD, Jun 13, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Until someone can post a better translation, I decided to take a crack at deciphering what cafeglobe makes of www.pyrexia.com .. note that any and all of this could be wrong.

If anyone would like to see the original japanese text + translation, just click here.

Wolf: Something about a knee+throw. New throw with knee animation or canned knee-throw thing? Nevermind. A catch that ends up behind the opponent has the additional followup of [d+P+G?] a highly damaging backdrop. Mention is made of the new ground throw.

Akira: mention/confirmation of sgpm-DE canned combo. It definitely is a DE and not a SDE it looks like, they list the DE continuation as 66+P and not 666+P.
    apparently pressing b afterwards makes akira retreat like jacky's shuffle step.
    If I'm reading this correctly, I'm seeing that SDE may no longer cause kuzure down animation. People have reported seeing/not seeing it.

Sarah: K+G now hits high and enters flamingo. Damn, that was a nice safe TR punisher. Confirmed a low kick - high kick - into flamingo - combo. D/f+KKK enters flamingo. Knee gets a new animation, and from the looks of it, the recovery is therefore altered. It doesn't float [much?] on normal hit.

Jacky: double low kick is rumored to be gone. He's got a new puntkicky type move that floats on interrupt (this is from movies). Something about a change to knee and elbow. Lots of changes in fact - elbow-backfist combos are rumored to be gone, and lightning storm as well.

Kage: dunno
    Lau: dunno
    Jeffry: something about combo damage?
    Lion: wasn't used much.
    Shun: wasn't either.
    Aoi: the translation says: "Signs that almost all attacks were changed possible" !?
    Vanessa: No command change between stances? Perhaps switching is automatic after certain combos?
    Lei: animation and style are smoother and more fluid.
    Gou: can hold the opponent like doing wolf's catch, and from there go to throws.
    Brad: dunno.

Sorry this wasn't too informative. Would a native speaker like to take a crack at translation?

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Aoi: the translation says: "Signs that almost all attacks were changed possible"

They probably meant all attacks can be reversed by her now.

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers CreeD. I'm disappointed about Sarah's [K]+[G] but on the other hand my wish for more moves to enter the Flamingo stance has been answered. Especially with [3]+[K][K][K] entering Flamingo, its been rather redundant since VF3. It would have been even better if [3]+[K][K][6][K] went into the Flamingo too.

With regard to the knee I'm happy that they've changed it properties. [1]+[K] is superior so while having two moves that produce the same results is good for variety it does free up her movelist for a new set of properties. I hope the new knee is like Lion's, something I can use to poke and whiff the opponents moves other than [P][2]+[K].

My guess is that her new move is executed by [6]+[K]+[G] or [2]+[K]+[K]+[G] though the low-high kick seemed too fast to be a double command so I hope it's not the latter.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, here's my go at it. Most likely the worst translation I've ever done, due to time constraints and the fact that I don't know all the jargon/move names for characters I don't use.

---------------------------
    Wolf:

Knee motion seems to be the same, but his new throw is quite noticeable. Catch-combo & normal motion are different, and a new back-drop-2-move combo was added. Took off a LOT of damage. With the opponent lying on his back, head near wolf, he was able to do a throw (w/o warping to pick him up). However, the throw is escapable. Something of interest.

Akira:
    Have made new motions for moves used up until now, including the "XXXX" <- [don't know the name of this fucked up move].[6][6][P] connects to [2_][6][P] and perhaps requires the stick to go in the 4 position (sorry -- this is probably wrong,but the best I could do... this guy isn't the best writer). And like Jacky's Short Slide Shuffle, Akira has a
    nice combot that gains some distance. Couldn't see the crumble effect on [6][6][6][P],which was present up until now. Other characters are reported to have such changes.

Sara / Jacky.
    These are both character who base a lot of combos off of knees & elbows, but with their new motions, seem a lot like Sekkendou.(???). (Jacky's) Double-low kick rumored to be gone. Sarah's Flamingo has been strengthened (unfortunately that's not a type-o) and she has more movements [from this stance]. Spinkick [K]+[G] is changed to High - motion has changed, but apparantly can lead into the Flamingo. Mirage Kick [6][K][K][K] leads to the Flamingo, as well as an apparantly new low-kick/high-kick combo. The main image change (for both?) would definitely be the knees, but do look all around different. It's rumored that normal hits no longer float.
    Some of derivatives of Jacky's combos have been changed, and (like everyone else) has some major motion enhancements. Kunckle coming from the combo elbow is gone, and has apparantly lost his lightning kick (YES!!!!). Throwing motions are different, but moreover, seems a new offense/defense is born. (Also soemthing about holding his hand up during a slant)

Kage:
    Apparantly has a new 'upper' attack.

Lau:
    Could see that his Tatakitsuke motion was changed, and has a new new combo from Bound.

Pai:
    Some changes in regards to attacks from a turned around position, and seems to carry herself a bit lightly. could be said about other characters, but seems that her main attacks have diferent motions, but could mean that if her attacks have different characteristics, then one might need to rethink how they use her.

Jeffry:
    Said to have more combos. Perhaps they'll weaken some of his one-hit-wonder attacks [and focus on combos].

Shun:
    Writer doesn't know has he hasn't used him.

Lion:
    Writer doesn't know has he hasn't used him.

Aoi:
    Ryoushi [4][3][P] now floats -- and can of course lead to a combo.
    Apparantly can reverse any attacks. Commands are still unknown.

Vanessa:
    A bit of a mystery here, but rumors of not being able to change stances. (Command change?)

Lei Fei:
    Has a new, quick combo, and is said to have more stances. His 'dance' looks really smooth as well.

Goh:
    Uses Judo, grabs opponents, and derives throws based on this.

Brad:
    100% Myua Tai, but moreso looks really Tekken-ish.

VF.NET:
    Feedback system is gone, and communication functions will change. Instead, you can leave a message for peopel you've fought. You register the comments before the game, then select when its' over. More team emblems as well.

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Sarah: K+G now hits high and enters flamingo. Damn, that was a nice safe TR punisher. Confirmed a low kick - high kick - into flamingo - combo. D/f+KKK enters flamingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look! Its a bird, its plane! No its a flamingo! Its Sarah /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seems like the designers love her flamingo a lot.

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Mirage Kick [6][K][K][K] leads to the Flamingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mirage Kick's motion has always been [3]+[K][K][K]. Are you saying that its motion has been changed too? When I say motion I mean execution.

Sarah's Flamingo has been strengthened (unfortunately that's not a type-o) and she has more movements [from this stance].

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the Flamingo stance now has more moves?

7. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

Mirage kick is still [3]+[K][K][K]
    GaijinPunch just mistyped

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Taken from pyrexia....one famous VFer made a comment
    "it's a very big change from the current Ver C....we should not take it as merely an upgrade...we should consider this to be VF5..a totally new game"

In short, everyone will have to go back to their think tanks and work out all new strategies and practice new defensive gameplans..

Judging from what we can see...I would agree. And I love it!

Even though it's a new game, I still recommend ppl that are new to VF to continue playing Ver C and not lose their focus.
    Trust me, u'll reap the benefits when VF4E gets released.

Changes made to all characters.

Akira

-ability to do a pre canned DE after a single palm
    -ability to immediately retreat after single palm...akin to Jacky's SS
    -SDE no longer causes KD..
    -Fujin now looks totally different...(it is quite possible that the knee overhead smash is the new look of fujin)

Wolf
    -Able to do 2 consecutive back throws[6_]very big damage
    -Instead of the usual pick up animation...Wolf's pick up is now a throw! However, opponents will be able to escape the throw with a simple [2_][P][G]

Jacky

-Jacky is a totally new character
    -He's supposedly lost his double low sweep
    -No longer can he do a backfist after the elbow
    -no longer has lighting storm
    -his new throws can change the flow of the match
    -holds his hand up after SS (prolly giving shit as usual /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif )
    Sarah
    -able to go into FL right after[3_][K][K][K]. I am sure this is damn good news for Sarah fans. Esp if Sarah still has her low p inashi intact!
    -Longer recovery after knee (abt fucking time too)
    -[K]+[G] hits high now

Vanessa
    -biggest news abt Van is that players are supposedly unable to access her MT stance! Could it be they got rid of MT stance? or did they just changed the command execution for MT stance? Suggestions floating around abt her MT stance being accessible after certain flow charts

Lau
    -he has a new KD that allows for more combo...
    I can guess many would go ' my god..more combos for lau?'..but in all honesty..I dun think it's a big deal...I've learnt to deal with it after all these yrs

Pai
    -has more TA attacks...new animations as well. The big thing that was realised abt Pai is...Pai users will have to come up with totally new tactics and strategies against all characters.
    Actually, such a sentiment applies for all characters. Everyone will have to go back to their drawing boards and start thinking all over again. I think this is the best thing abt VF4E.

Kage
    -everyone's fav ninja has a new move! uppercut (not to be confused with the current one)

Aoi
    -[4_][3_][P] floats on a counter, not KD anymore. It is strongly suggested that she can reverse almost anything!

Jeffry
    -ability to do more combos and more flowchart

Lei
    -more flow charts/stance available to him and his movements are even smoother

Goh
    -Judo based character...lotsa grabbing and moving opponents around moves

Lion
    -No comments available..pyrexia guy does not use lion

Shun
    -No comments available..pyrexia guy does not use shun

Brad
    -SummAh don't quite know how to describe what is written on Pyrexia....anyway..according to info, it appears that Brad is described like a Tekken character /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    Brad has a move that reminds me of Steve, swing swing swing punch...repeat. Anyway...BEFORE ANYONE HERE SCREAMS MURDER AND START POSTING SENSELESS STUFF ABT "THIS IS NOT TEKKEN"...let's just wait till the final version of VF4E comes out..which is two months away. This is Sega...so just have faith PLEASE.

Gambling Items

Supposedly...U can steal items from ur opponents...and more importantly, this is a random process...say u've been playing CPU at the arcades...10 guys challenges u...and suddenly, the game decides that the 11th match shall be a item match...u're not fighting for Dan...instead, it'll be a fight for the item match!

The game no longer keeps track of player's win/loss percentage.

Another minor changed they made is enlargement of team emblems...in the current Ver..sometimes I strain mah poor eyes trying to figure out what design it is that some teams are using.

Anyway...just remember...this is a beta, leave ur views and judgements and ur bitchings and complaints until the final version is out!

Personally, I am loving it.
    Bring it on!

9. ShunAoi

ShunAoi Member

that makes me mad cuz i just bought VF4 and now a newer ones about to come out?

10. mAxximo

mAxximo Member

Vanessa
    -biggest news abt Van is that players are supposedly unable to access her MT stance! Could it be they got rid of MT stance? or did they just changed the command execution for MT stance? Suggestions floating around abt her MT stance being accessible after certain flow charts

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

11. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Arcade son. In japan, we propably wont see this for a good half a year at the least. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sarah
    -able to go into FL right after [3]+[K][K].

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it's [3]+[K][K] (Illusion Kick) and not [3]+[K][K][K] (Mirage Kick) like CreeD said? There's an interesting difference.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

noted and changed

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I meant no disrespect SummErs.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

it's ok...
    I was indeed...harsh for no odd reasons...

Let me go edit my post~

16. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I didn't imagine the changes would be so drastic in VF4 evo!!
    That's really great!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW, I wonder if Akira's new moves require a strict timing or are easy to do, I was thinking specifically about the knee overhead smash...