1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Qanba Dragon or Razer Panthera?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by ice-9, May 30, 2021.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, it's great to be posting here again after so many years! I'm excited to play VF again soon with Ultimate Showdown. Sadly, my wife threw away all my old joysticks so now in the market for a new one.

I'm considering the Qanba Dragon and the Razer Panthera, which are priced about the same in my area. Which would the vets recommend?

There's also the Mayflash F500 Elite for a much lower price. I saw that recommended in one of the other joystick threads. Would you get that over the Dragon or Panthera? What are the corners cut with the lower price?

2. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I had a Qanba Obsidian and I loved it, mostly. It wasn't the most sturdy in construction, but all the components were excellent. Haven't used a Panthera, but I've known people to say they're excellent. I think form factor is the biggest difference there, the Qanba is much wider overall. Think about the footprint you're looking for.

I just picked up a Victrix FS Pro and I love it. All aluminum construction and incredible features. Highly recommended.

3. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Welcome back old buddy!

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, so I ended up getting a Hori RAP N Hayabusa instead.

I decided the Qanba Dragon was too big as I like to play on my lap and the Panthera required restocking and I didn't want to wait, so I saw that I could get the Hori RAP N Hayabusa delivered by today and just went for it.

It's not too bad. I was surprised by how chunky this guy was. The square gate opening felt a little big but I adjusted. Buttons were fine though I prefer Sanwa.

What I like a lot are the little touches. The cabling can be stored and they have grooves on the sides to make it easier to pick up the stick from the ground.

Think the only thing I wish I could change was a smaller size profile, otherwise am happy enough with it.

There's a review online somewhere that said it's hard to press buttons simultaneously (i.e. accuracy required was higher than normal) on the N Hayabusa but I didn't get this at all.