1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Mode, Red Glowing "Winner gets Prize!"

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by DuralOsmose, Nov 9, 2003.

1. DuralOsmose

DuralOsmose Member

Iv been playing Quest mode for monthes now, got majority of items for half the players......but iv started Vannessa....a few arcades into Quest and i get a "Winner gets prize!" banner that glows red!!!!Iv seen crystal ones, gold ones, but not a glowing red one!!! the chest was also glowing. All i got tho was "Hero Insignier" for Vannessa, arm patches with a bord symbol. Can anyone explain wat this means? ~Did it mean that this is an Arcade item?????

2. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    DuralOsmose said:

Iv been playing Quest mode.................................................... Did it mean that this is an Arcade item?????

[/ QUOTE ]

i clap for your idiotic and contradictory logic. first of all, you say yourself that it was in quest mode and yet you ask if it's an arcade item? what the hell is that? second, getting a red chest is the same thing as getting any other chest except rarer, you've been playing for months now and you don't know about red chests? -_- third, you could have used search and gone to myke's items FAQ and looked up if it was an arcade items or not. In conclusion, you wasted people's time and no it was not an arcade item, it's just one of the rarer items, gained only from red chests.

3. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

No need to be like that, it was just a question.

4. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

LMAO... anyways... ya... use search... but um... i think its the rarest chest u could ever get and i doubt its an arcade item. no need for the overreaction there lol.

5. SocialD433

SocialD433 New Member

Are you sure that's the rarest chest? I've gotten three red chests and I got the game three days ago!

6. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

they're rare as hell, i have been playin probably since evo came out, and have never, i repear NEVER EVER seen a red chest. (my brother told me he did when he was using my profile) i usually come across blue/brown ones tho.

7. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

Of all the time I've been playing i've never seen one, and I have two characters in the champion rank, so they must be rare as hell.

8. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    In my opinion they are much more rare then the other chests, but i ve already got some of them. I suppose you should really take a look in the item faq!

9. Valdimiar

Valdimiar Well-Known Member

I don't think there that rare, I've been playing 2 months and I've seen about 5.

10. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SocialD433 said:

Are you sure that's the rarest chest? I've gotten three red chests and I got the game three days ago!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have red eyes? It is extremely rare and you only get it in the Uptown (the 3rd last one!). I only got one from Lei and Vanessa! The common things I did with the both of them is I didn't do much Quest Orders and I didn't stay on the "old arcades" for a long time.

11. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

You actually can get it in places other than the Uptown Arcade. Any arcade in Quest has about equal chance of displaying a red chest for 'winner gets prize'. Heck, I've gotten one in VERSUS mode.

12. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about what I said the first time! /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Do you get the Crimson prize from all the characters!
    I never got one from Pai & Sarah and they are both champions!

13. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

It's all equal chances, just keep playing and you'll get one sooner or later.

14. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

I've gotten one in the second arcade as well. That was my third one. So far I'm 3 red chests in about 3000 fights.

15. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I've played Pai for 2453 matches (with 100 losses so I can get the Black) and never ever got any! What's wrong? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

No idea. But if the odds are 1 in 1000, it's not that far fetched that you wouldn't see one in 2400 matches. That would mean a 99.9% chance you won't see one in each match. So the odds of never seeing one in 2400 matches is .999^2400, which is about 9.06% - and as far as probability goes that's not that far fetched. You have to get to 4602 matches to bring it down to 1% odds that you've never seen one. So don't feel like you're being cheated or anything - it's just bad luck, and not exceptionally rotten luck.

--turns away and starts hopping off with Pai_fan's red chests strapped to his back--
    "All your red chests are belong to us." /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. SliceOfPai

SliceOfPai Well-Known Member

Nah, you're not being cheated. Just rotten luck. I've played this game religiously since it came out. In addition I have 6 profiles ranging in rank from 5th Dan to Hero and about 2500 matches in between them (not counting Vs.) and I've only seen 2 red chest matches. What I wanna know is if you lose a red chest match (which I did) is there a chance of you getting the item you lost in that match?

18. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

Besides, did any of the Pai or Sarah players got that Crimson prize?

19. You people are missing the point. Where the chest appears decides how rare the item or cash prize that is received can be. If you get a red chest in Quest of in any of the Trial modes from the Practice menu, it will be rare. If you get it in Arcade, the cash prize will be ridiculously low:50 or 100G or the item prize will be common to semi-rare. There are some exceptions when talking about item prizes in Arcade mode, but the cash prizes will always be low. Any item that you get in Arcade can also be received in Quest. There is no item that is strictly received in Arcade, got it? DuralOsmose, if you want to see a red chest in Quest mode, use a player that has a rank lower than Hero and collect all seven orbs(white, red, green, blue, purple, orange, and black) to get a truly rare item. The people at Sega-AM2 probably put the red chest into Arcade mode because it looks better when used, but this doesn't mean you can get your hopes up if you ever receive one. Oh, and SliceOfPai, it is very possible to get back the item you fail to get if such a thing ever happens, but not from whoever caused you to miss out on the item. The item will come back again in a prize match in either Arcade or Quest, just be patient. Hope this info answers your questions.

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Chibita_Breaker said:

Any item that you get in Arcade can also be received in Quest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. You can only receive Mission Items in Arcade mode.