1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ranking

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by dyt4, Jun 23, 2003.

1. dyt4

dyt4 Active Member

I would like to know if someone has the list of the differents ranks in evo, I saw warrior, veteran, gladiator , but how we obtain them ? and is there a list ?

thx

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

go through quest mode.

3. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

From what I know so far it goes 10th to 1st KYu like last time then 1st to 10th Dan.Hero and champion rank are next I think but I'm not there yet so don't know whats after.However I know there are also ranks called, daredevil,veteran.destroyer and sentinel.Any more info on ranks would be appreciated.

4. dyt4

dyt4 Active Member

my son plays with Brad, and after the 10th dan, he becomes, warrior and veteran and after I don't know

5. LM_Akira

Yeah I was just about to post that:
    10th-1st Kyu ( not sure whats required but easy ant way )
    1st-10th Dan ( Think its 3 same rank wins, then in 4th fight promoted or something)
    Warrior
    Don't know about the rest or if its based on win ratios like the split in ranks on vf 4.I had a win ratio of 90-odd% when I went to Warrior so if there is one then I'd suspect that warrior path would be deemed "greater" as it were.

6. LM_Akira

Okay played some more...
    After the dan system you go through some "named " ranks.The ones so far I've had to win in three same rank matches then the fourth same rank match is a rank fight.The pattern goes,
    10th Dan>Warrior>Veteran>Gladiator>Hunter ...so far
    More ranks I have fought are Phoenix,protector,slayer guardian and the others mentioned.Guardians and protectors are strong players and generally have a win ratio in the 90's.I'll post more when I found out whats after Hunter. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Kyu Ranks (10th Kyu to 1st Kyu)
    Advance through the kyu ranks every +100 exp points. You earn points with every win and loss. The higher ranked opponent will earn you more points. Win streaks will accumulate bonus points. You cannot get demoted in the kyu ranks.

Dan Ranks (1st Dan to 10th Dan)
    Progression through the dan ranks is based upon wins/losses against same ranked opponents only. For every win against same ranked opponent, you get +1 point, and for every loss it's -1 point. Not only is it point based, but also works on win streaks. So you could be a 2nd dan sitting on -6 pts about to get demoted, but then win the next 3 games straight and earn a promotion to 3rd dan.

1st Dan
    promote: 2 straight wins
    demote: 5 straight losses or -7 pts

2nd - 4th Dan
    promote: 3 straight wins or +3 pts
    demote: 5 straight losses or -7 pts

5th - 7th Dan
    promote: 4 straight wins or +4 pts
    demote: 5 straight losses or -6 pts

8th - 10th Dan
    promote: 5 straight wins or +5 pts
    demote: 5 straight losses or -5 pts

Tsuwamono, Mosa, Ouja
    (trans: strong man, veteran, king)
    promote: 5 straight wins or +5 pts
    demote: 3 straight losses or -3 pts

Meishou, Chishou, Toushou
    (trans: great general, resourceful general, battle general)
    promote: 7 straight wins or +7 pts

Kensei, Busei, Teisei
    (trans: saint of fist, saint of power, imperial saint)
    promote: 10 straight wins or +10 pts

Shou HaOh
    (trans: small emperor)
    promote: 15 straight wins or +15 pts from Teisei opponents
    demote: 1 loss

HaOh
    (trans: emperor)
    Final rank. Once attained, you cannot lose it.

Note: the rank names in italics are the official Japanese names and are not the same as the English version. I'll eventually put this post into a FAQ for Evo ranks with both Japanese and English names once the missing information is available.

8. dyt4

dyt4 Active Member

that's a good idea /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. LM_Akira

Thanks once again for th reply Myke but I may as well continue to post the english named ranks as I come across them , /versus/images/graemlins/smile.giffor reference as it were.

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    csnape, yes, please do! In fact, I'm relying on you PAL owners to provide me with that missing information /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. dyt4

dyt4 Active Member

I think I'll have more info tonight, I'm gonna play 3 or 4 hours, I'm hunter so I think I'll be promoted soon /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. LM_Akira

Yeah no problem though I don't think the " win xx times in a row " promotes you in the pal version.I've played on a few later arcades and had good win streaks but not been promoted when according to the jap version I should have done.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just to be clear, the win X games straight applies only to the same ranked opponent.

In other words, for every same-ranked opponent you meet, you should beat them consecutively. It doesn't matter if you win or lose to other ranks in between.

So, it doesn't apply to the general win streak you might get at a game center against the different/other ranks. The only wins that count, as always, are those against the same rank.

14. LM_Akira

Yes sorry for the crossed wires there.The rank after Hunter is Slayer and this requires 7 same rank wins I think.I'll be sure to be careful and count the next same rank fights I have.I think the names kinda loosely tie in the the japanese names.Well, loosely as I say...

15. LM_Akira

OK after Slayer rank you're promoted to Destroyer rank that does tie in with the translations.I think the highest rank you can obtain seems to be Champion instead of Emperor or High King and the rank below this is Hero as it lists them in each arcade.However I've come across more ranks then in the japanese ver it seems as there is Phoenix,Protector,Guardian,Sentinel and Daredevil ( presumably one more ) ranks unless there is a split in rank according to win ratio.Sorry this is all speculation and messed up a bit but when I've got stuff cleared up I'll be sure to do a decent post. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Aren't phoenix and daredevil exclusive to napoleon and ohsu? There won't be any way to obtain those.

It's quite possible im wrong though.

17. LM_Akira

No idea atm though it would make a lot of sense.Nearly being promoted from destroyer soon I reckon.

18. LM_Akira

Ok some breaking news here.Just reached Sentinel rank after 7 consecutive same rank wins over Destroyers.Presumably the rest of tier 3 will be Guardian>Protector according to the translations and Phoenix and Daredevil DO appear to be only for 2 specific ais.
    Just to recap the story so far:

10th -1st KYU
    1st-10thDAN
    Tier 1:
    WARRIOR
    VETERAN
    GLADIATOR
    Tier2:
    HUNTER
    SLAYER
    DESTROYER
    Tier 3:
    SENTINEL
    PROTECTOR
    GUARDIAN?
    Then onto
    HERO
    CHAMPION
    or at least it seems thet way.All info on how to rank up according to the japanese game at the beginning of this thread applies to the pal version as far as I know and I'm almsot sure theres no split in rank according to win ratio like I kept going on about before!Enjoy! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Okay slightly different from what I said before.10 consecutive same rank wins over Sentinels takes you to Protector so presumably Guardians are the top of tier 3.I've edited the list above.

19. LM_Akira

Ok now to just clear up the post above.10 same rank straight wins at Protector rank take you to Guardian rank.Presumably ( according to Mykes japanese post ) 15 straight same rank wins at Guardian take you to Hero but nor sure of this at the moment nor I am I sure how to go from Hero to Champion.More will soon follow... /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

20. LM_Akira

Slightly different to what I wrote above:

10 consecutive same rank wins at Guardian take you to Hero rank.Not sure how to go from Hero to Champion but if it's 15 or something wins against same rank opponents its gonna take me forever as theres only one arcade with Heros in and I've fought over 1000 matches and only met one Hero.He was an Akira with about 6/7 spheres as well.Hang on I'l go and check his name...err correction according to my list I've fought 2 Heros:

Makunouchi ( Lion ) 7 spheres
    Shigeo ( Akira ) 7 spheres

I'm only missing 15% of players and I can't really see them all being Heros so the next post might take a while /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif...