1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Ranking

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by dyt4, Jun 23, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Phew finally I can bring an end to this short thread /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.15 consecutive wins over GUARDIANS when at HERO rank takes you to CHAMPION rank which is the highest in the game and once obtained can not be lost.It also unlocks GOLD colours for 1p/2p costumes.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I'm guessing to stay consistent with realy vf.net data. Napoleon and Ohsu both got their ranks from winning national tournaments. Those ranks are exclusive to them in japan in real life.. so i guess that translated into the game as well. So no you can't get them in the game. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. LM_Akira

Yeah I'd pretty much worked that out by now but thanks for the info

4. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

if you are not at the high ranks yet and you want to see how 'ard they are there enter one of the challenges at the event square and eventually they will pop up. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. LM_Akira

If you'd bothered to read the post you would realise I'm at Champion rank ( the highest ) and fought about 93% of all players in the arcades.Any way you don't necesarily need to be at a high rank to face high rank opposition to see how good they are.

PS I have also fought bunbunmaru, Homestay Akira,Ohsu Akira ( and his Sarah!),Heruru,Napoleon and Chibita several times and yes they are hard.

6. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

Oh, they can be a pain when you are trying to do a quest. They really bugger it up for you as you've got to concentrate to beat these.

7. LM_Akira

Yes they are very tough opponents though it is possible to play very scrappy and ,messy against them and win.By this I mean really cheap and dirty play.The sort of play that you need to take a bath after doing cos it just feels soooo wrong hehe.Still its always good to have a challenge!

8. Masamune_Blade

Masamune_Blade Well-Known Member

could someone help me out, i remember once seeing the rank paths explained in a diagram with branches and stuff, and the japanese names as they appear in game (not romanji). uh yeah, i saw em linked somwhere in these forums, i have looked and cant find... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif anyone care t point me in the right direction? uh im on the second black rank. cant read kanji though...

9. LM_Akira

Errrrr.... did you see mykes post in the beginning of this very thread?

10. Masamune_Blade

Masamune_Blade Well-Known Member

nah man, its not about reading all the posts in a short thread before asking a question, i should have just created a new thread and then someone would give me the link to this thread, and my question still wouldnt be answered. well if you read my post you would have seen that my Q wasnt A'ed in the thread,thats why i made my post. like i said, i cant read kanji dammit so how am i to know what the ranks he mentioned look like?
    im mereley suggesting a visual aid... my rank was the second black one, however it is now the white one, i assume its the semi haoh thingy as every match i have vs my previous rank are ranking matches.

i found the diagram with branches and stuff that i mentioned, it was for vf4 though, and the ranks dont correspond. well i assume an equivalent guide for evo will be made. with the appropriate kanji and colour.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    OK guys, misunderstanding.

I'll work on getting an updated Ranking FAQ for Evo soon, with the Japanese characters and all. For now, you can go off the coloured backgrounds which start to appear after 10th dan:

<font color="green">Green: Tsuwamono, Mosa, Ouja</font>
    <font color="orange">Orange: Meishou, Chishou, Toushou</font>
    <font color="gray">Black: Kensei, Busei, Teisei</font>

<font color="white">White: Shou Haoh</font>

<font color="yellow">Gold: Haoh</font>

12. LM_Akira

Apologies for not answering your question but this thread was pretty much set up as a reference to the PAL version of evo released in europe any way.Unfourtunately I wasn't the first poster here and so it probably should be called PAL Quest ranking or European Quest ranking to avoid any confusion.

Good luck with your colour/name hunting.

13. ihavenoname

ihavenoname Member

in order of ranks:
    10th Kyu--->1stKu - done by experience(every 100xp)
    1st Dan-->10thDan - Every five wins against same ranked opponent or higher.
    Warrior, Veteran, Gladiator
    Hunter, Slayer, Destroyer
    Sentinal, Protector, Guardian
    Hero
    Champion
    I don't know what u need properly but i think with named ones u need to beat sevon of the same ranked opponent, I don't know about Guardian-->Hero or Hero--->champ.
    I hope it helps. i also fought a phoenix ranked opponent. is there any way of getting that rank

14. LM_Akira

dude check the thread ..it s already all been covered like 2 months ago, myke was just answering a query regarding jap named ranks.

15. ihavenoname

ihavenoname Member

i only read the first page, i didn't know there were more pages. Sorry bout that

16. LM_Akira

Hey no problem i was just pointing it out thats all. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. Player_1

Player_1 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    csnape said:

Slightly different to what I wrote above:

10 consecutive same rank wins at Guardian take you to Hero rank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went from guardian to Hero in 2 matches, just had to fight a Hero Akira(forgot his name) and promoted. Then had 2 fight Kofumegane=Guardian; lost the 1st match, he up to Hero, I down 2 Guardian-beat him the second time, me to Hero and he to Guardian.
    So every time I fight a Guardian I got the chance of demotion 2 guardian.
    Probably old news but didn't find it in this thread so made a quick post-damn, at first I thought it was just because I fought that good I only had to do 2 instead of 10 matches /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Does anybody know where i can find Hama Lau he's the only player i need to fight.

19. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen Hama Lau in the seventh arcade. He's a guardian and carries the green orb.