1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest sphere items

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Jun 27, 2003.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

I've looked round the boards for a thread similar to this one but haven't really found one so I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread that lists peoples confirmed sphere items in the Quest mode of vf 4 evo.From my experience it appears when you have collected your first set of 7 ( vision ) spheres and obtained a special item you must then purchase a white sphere from the shop ( 2000 credits I think ) to start the sphere collecting process again.Spheres are generally held by high ranking ai opponents, many of whom have more than one.

I'll start the ball rolling with Akira's first two sphere items:
    1. ( 7 spheres ) LONG BANGS
    Basically longish floppy hair.
    2. ( a further 7 spheres ) KABUKI FACE PAINT
    White face paint with red streaks across the face ( combine this with the afro to create Gene"Akira"Simmons long lost member of 80's rockers Kiss! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)
    Any more items obtained by collecting spheres for any other characters would be appreciated /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif...

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Well i havent done any sphere items yet but i'll be sure to put pai's down when i do.

3. LM_Akira

Thanks archangel.It seems easier to collect them in this version as I swear there are times when I've lost a fight but not lost my spheres, plus the fact if you DO lose one you can replay till you get it back ( but this hasn't happened to me yet.Does any one know if it IS possible to lose them?).Seems like the chars wil all have a couple of sphere items too.Akira only had one in vf4 but already I'm close to finding out if he has a third ( 4 spheres atm ). /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

No I don't think that it is possible to loose the spheres when you first acquire them.
    For me I think that it is even harder to collect those damn things, I haven’t got the black sphere yet and I have won over 1000 fights, I know that Hereru and Chibita have those spheres but I haven’t been lucky enough to face those two just yet.

5. LM_Akira

I've fought about 1000 fights and faced them several times!The other thing as well is that to get your next item you HAVE to buy the white sphere from the shop.Theres an Akira there somewhere to whos hero rank and he's got all of them I think ( well at least 6 any way ).

Just checked my player list and can confirm that so far I've come across at least two players with all spheres:

Makunouchi ( Lion Hero rank )
    Shigeo ( Akira Hero rank )

If I can be bothered I'll make a list of all the ais I've beaten who have spheres though I don't know if I can find out what arcades they're in exactly.

6. stephane

stephane Member

You can lose spheres, but only against a character that already has one or several spheres.
    And yes you can "continue" and get back the one you eventually lost.

7. LM_Akira

Yes I did know you can continue to get them back...thats what I said in my post earlier it's just that I didn't know the criterion for losing them as I haven't managed to lose any I've collected so far.

8. archangel

yeah! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i got my first orb item and it was small buns (hair that is) anyway on to the next one, i'll let u guys know when i get it.

9. archangel

got the second one now, some yellow hammer thing .

10. LM_Akira

God damn.Finally got the black shere/orb I was looking for and guess what?Akira only has 2 sphere/orb items, d'oh!Ah well I can pass them onto to my Goh file. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. archangel

Correction i mean melon hammer.

12. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

I'm missing only the black sphere with Aoi so I'll post what her first one is once I get it. Anything beyond that she has I'll post unless someone else does.

I'm playing the JP version but there shouldn't be any difference.

13. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

I'm also playing the Japanese version, and I still haven’t got the black orb. lol

All my friends have got the black orb, so I guess the game AI knows when I’m playing and refuses to put me up against those players who have the black orb. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. stephane

stephane Member

Just for info :

goh's first sphere item : Super Jet Hair
    goh's second sphere item : Gold Medal

15. archangel

well just got my third set of seven orbs to find that pai only has 2 orb items, how dissapointing. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. LM_Akira

Does anyone know how high a rank you must be to obtain orbs in versus mode?My akira has a full set and is champion whilst my goh is 2nd dan and already has 3 orbs.I let my akira file lose a few times to pass over the orbs ( cheap I know ) but nothing happened.Anyone got any ideas? /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

17. archangel

Lol i tried that with my jacky cause i dont like losing orbs to the cpu i'm guessing that sega took it out.

18. Masamune_Blade

Masamune_Blade Well-Known Member

sarah 1st sphere item is the straight shoulder length hair

2nd is the angel wings

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

19. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

You can only lose a sphere when the other player has a sphere that you dont have. If they have no spheres on them then you cant lose one. If they have a green,red and black sphere and you have a green,red,black and white sphere, they cant win it off you. Make sense?

20. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

You can win an orb from your opponent only when both of you have the chance to win an orb from the loser. For example, if you have a white orb, your opponent has white orb and orbs of other colours, then your opponent won't be able to take your orb because he already has the white one, and to make things fair, you can't take his orb.

If your have a white and a blue, your opponent has a white and a red, then the winner can take the orb which he doesn't have.

So if you have collected all the orb items and all the 7 orbs, then it's impossible for you to get rid of these orbs /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif