1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quest sphere items

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

i cannot find a black orb anywhere!!!I have been looking for it for weeks now.Does anybody know what Lions orb items is?

2. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

first lions orb item is pony tail:

[​IMG]

and the secound item is skateboard/pack:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Only <font color="red">Chibita</font>(lion - champ.) and <font color="red">Hirou</font>(lei-fei - guardian) got black orbs

Goodluck /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

one more thing:
    you got huge chance to meet one of them in WMAC.

4. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

err no thers more than that.I've 100% of players beaten now so I''l check my list some time and say who has them.

5. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Aoi's sphere item is a (imho) rather rejected bun hairdo. Looks like the image below, but I'm too lazy to double check the name.

[​IMG]

6. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    csnape said:

err no thers more than that.I've 100% of players beaten now so I''l check my list some time and say who has them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i got 100% of players too and like i said b4 you can gain black orb only from those two(btw. not Hirou but <font color="red">Heruru</font>(Lei-Fei)). of course there are also 3 heroes with all 7 orbs but you cant get an orb from them /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

7. LM_Akira

No the thing is the post was made about needing a black orb.So if he faced a hero needing only a black and beat the hero he would get the black orb and the orb item.You fail to mention that both Chibita nad Heruru both have multple orbs as well meaning if you fight the and beat them and have no orbs yourself you won't definately get a black orb.

Actually Anton if you're still reading this check out my post on char-orb list:

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=1265&F_Board=kumite&Thread=78917&partnumber=&postmarker=

Enjoy! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KoD said:

Aoi's sphere item is a (imho) rather rejected bun hairdo. Looks like the image below, but I'm too lazy to double check the name.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not her sphere item. She gets that item, in the pal version at least from completing the very first star challenge (do five 4 hit combos) in the first arcade.

9. LM_Akira

I think you'll find that items can be won in a variety of ways.I know some people who got Akiras stubble through doing a tourney in the underground fighting scene wheras I got mine after doing a starred quest I think.I think , other than dunce items , there are different ways of getting character items.

10. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    csnape said:

No the thing is the post was made about needing a black orb.So if he faced a hero needing only a black and beat the hero he would get the black orb and the orb item.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is you cannot gain a black orb from hero coz they have <font color="red">all of them</font>. you can gain an orb only if you have orb that your opponent dont have.

11. LM_Akira

What?I got a black orb off one.Are you telling me that i didn't and don't have both Akiras orb items?Plus I also collected an entire collection AGAIN.Yes thats right I've collected three sets of 7 orbs...according to you this is impossible but I'm telling you it is not!oh and please explain yourself more clearly when you write.

and another thing saying "they have all the orbs" in red doesn't mean anything and adds nothing to your argument.

12. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

I got my Black orb today from chibita in WMAC like Kapu said.i got the ponytail and now i am starting to collect them again.thanks for the help.

13. LM_Akira

Nice one glad people could help you out /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif.Lion may have more than 2 orb items but I don't know you'll have to find out for yourself probably.

14. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    [ QUOTE ]
    HiddenEvil said:

That's not her sphere item. She gets that item, in the pal version at least from completing the very first star challenge (do five 4 hit combos) in the first arcade.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely correct, sir or madam; my bad for posting so late. The item i received on the jp version for her first orb set is actually a different rejected hairstyle, the &#12495;&#12452;&#12459;&#12521;&#12504;&#12450;&#12540; (haikara hair? sorry, but my brain doesnt understand that katakanification right now)
    [​IMG]

I've got a divx of the item being won if anyone really cares.

15. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    csnape said:

What?I got a black orb off one.Are you telling me that i didn't and don't have both Akiras orb items?Plus I also collected an entire collection AGAIN.Yes thats right I've collected three sets of 7 orbs...according to you this is impossible but I'm telling you it is not!

[/ QUOTE ]
    one more time... its impossible to win orb from hero!!! you can get them from every special char.(even several times) but not from HERO!!! if you dont belive me ask somebody else. congrats with akira's orb items

[ QUOTE ]
    csnape said:
    oh and please explain yourself more clearly when you write.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. i'll try my best /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. HiddenEvil

HiddenEvil Well-Known Member

Yep, I've noticed that with some characters, even though they have orbs that you don't possess, you still don't win the orbs when you win. Quite annoying when you fight someone who has the only orb you need.

17. LM_Akira

wtf?are you calling me and archangel liars?had you bothered to read the post you would surely know that we have BOTH collected 3 sets of 7 orbs.The third set gave us nothing in either case.What is the point of having Heros with orbs if you can't get them? Its just like Dural in vf4.She had a full set of orbs when you fough her but you could win off her the one you were after and she would n't lose it as it were.The next time you'd fight her she'd still have a full set.Whatever I've wasted too much time even thinking about it.

PS don't try to patronise me with congrats newbie

18. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

Firstly i've never called you or archangel liares.
    secoundly i also collected 3 sets of 7 orbs. whats the big deal? i fought with heroses a couple of times and i never win from them any orb. if you havent noticed that yet theres a huge diffirence between vf4 and evo especialy in system of gaining orbs. if you dont getting it yet read this one more time:

[ QUOTE ]
    LiMeng said:
    You can win an orb from your opponent only when both of you have the chance to win an orb from the loser. For example, if you have a white orb, your opponent has white orb and orbs of other colours, then your opponent won't be able to take your orb because he already has the white one, and to make things fair, you can't take his orb.

If your have a white and a blue, your opponent has a white and a red, then the winner can take the orb which he doesn't have.

So if you have collected all the orb items and all the 7 orbs, then it's impossible for you to get rid of these orbs /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

one more thing:
    maybe i'm new on this forum but i'm not in vf /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif(since vf2 - 1995)

19. LM_Akira

Hmmm i don't want this to drag on so this is the last I'll say about it:

Yes in isolated incidents I have beaten Heros and won no orbs HOWEVER when i had 6 orbs and was missing the black one I beat one and won it.end of.oh and don't try to patronise me even more by saying there is a big difference between evo and vf 4 ver c.I KNOW i've been waiting for this game for a long time.

20. Kapu

Kapu Well-Known Member

ok lets end this but before that, one more question:

<font color="red">Q:</font> if my char. got full set of orbs and my friend's char. got six(dont have black one) then if he win match against me he will gain my black orb?

<font color="red">Answer:</font> Nooo!

Maybe you right, becouse i am not "that" expert in vf like others, but i think you've just mistaken and you dont want to admit it. end of story /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif