1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about akira's m-DblPm

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Nutlog, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Has the execution of this changed that much since VF2 or am I just really rusty (more than likely, heh).

I'm having a hell of a time getting it to come out correctly. I usually end up getting the little crouching hitch forward before it comes out, vs. the instant.

What motions do most of you use to get it? I'm still used to the d/f,d/f,b,f+p, but is there an easier way? Maybe it's just that I'm getting old and slow. :p

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    That should work fine. I found that b/d, d, b/d, b, f+P works really well and is instant if you buffer it properly and quickly. No little back or forward dash. But, you should be able to get the same result with your method.

I think the other is faster because the whole command happens in a flowing manner without going back to neutral. With the d/f, d/f method, you go back to neutral between d/f's, then once you've completed the dash, you have to go from d/f to b, and that's usually when the little dash comes out, since it takes a little time. With the other method, you're already at back, just f+P will finish.

A friend of mine used to always use this method, and it was the fastest I've seen. i usually use your method, but am trying to get good at the back rolling one.

Spotlite

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

My theory...

hmmm...I'll give you my theory on a fast double palm.

In VF3, obviously df,df,b,f+P was the way to go. You had only one option really. With the back CD reinstated in VF4, you have a bit more choice.

df,df,b,f+P is still damn fast. But I think that db,db,b,f+P (a la VF2) is faster if done with excellent input. I guess that's the key here: excellent input.

Nutlog, try exagerrating the CD a lot and that should give you the feel for the m-dbpm again. From there, all you have to do is speed it up.

cheers,

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: My theory...

Agreed. it's been my experience that using d/b (whether or not you go to neutral or go to down and roll up) is the fastest, but slightly more difficult method.

Spotlite

5. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

Akira's Dblpm is so important to him.
    i'd hate him to lose it.