1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about High ranking Kumite fighters

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by CrYingCHoCoBo, Apr 9, 2002.

1. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

first of all PK Akira (High King) keeps beating me, and it's getting on my nerves, i hate his guts...any suggestions, Akira's have never given me much trouble, but this one really grinds his toe into my face, i can't stand it...
    correction...never mind, i beat him, i was having so much trouble because whenever i'd try to go for the guaranteed throw after his elbows and shoulders, i'd press the button to hard, and get a jab, which he would promptly reverse...

next, i have a queston, i read somewhere about there being some a.i. replica's of real players of vf. i think they are japanese, but i wanted to know, do they only appear after you fight and beat dural in kumite, or can you just happen upon this, because i fought a Jacky by the name of ...well, it started with a Y, and looked like someone's real name or something like that.

2. 34

34 Well-Known Member

list of real japanese VFers in Kumite mode:

PK Akira
    Mukky Akira [as known as best akira player in japan]
    Chibita[as known as best lion player in japan]
    BunBunMaru-wolf [pretty famouse VF player in japan]
    Segaru-Wolf
    Shinjuku Jacky
    Yamidore Jacky
    Muscle Sarah
    Gerilla-aoi [as known as best aoi player in japan]
    9LA [lau]
    Aniaki [akira]

there will be more...but i dont remember,,,,

*** i may misspelled of some Chr

3. CrYingCHoCoBo

wow! cool, where'd you get those names from? i wanna see more! this game amazes me more and more each day, but this is my fav thing that they've done!

btw, would another Jacky player be known as Taichou

4. skuall

skuall Member

damn, i can't pass first dan in kumite mode...
    is it so hard?

5. 34

34 Well-Known Member

please post if you discover more player's name.
    usually they are all high-king level.

6. CrYingCHoCoBo

Jacky -Taichou?

and the other is

Yamiyodare - Jacky

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Kyasao (Kage)
    Hakusyon (Lau)

8. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i played more than 1000 times but i havent seen Kyasao yet...
    it was so weird...

9. CrYingCHoCoBo

Lei-Fei - Hachi

10. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Goro 2000 (Pai) but I don't know if he/she is real or not.

11. 34

34 Well-Known Member

oh ye goro2000 is real.
    i read japanese vf news about his name

12. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

MKII - Lion

13. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Do u know if any american players are listed in the game as well? or just japenese gamers?

14. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've only seen Kyasao once too... but I beat him and got his white sphere to complete my first set of gum balls... =)

I have a tough time with PK Akira too, and Mukky is a close second.

AFAIK, all the High Kings are based on high ranking/famous Japanese players. Also, when you first see them, a High King always has 1 sphere.

If you finish arcade mode, check out the credits. I think it gives a thank you to all those players... they helped with the play testing.

15. 34

34 Well-Known Member

is "Ikebukuro Sarah" retired btw?

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I would guess yes. But I'm not sure. He was "old" back in VF2 days, at least compared to the other tetsujins back then... I think I remember seeing something about him coming back for an exhibition match with Bun-Bun and/or Kyasao or something... arcade/tournament publicity basically.

17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I still have a scary impression of the guy based on the articles translated by STA783 back in the day (as if a couple years ago was back in the day anyways). One of those examples in life where I tell myself, "DEFINITELY DO NOT lead my life in this way." But twas his choice. Hope it was worth it for him.

-Chanchai

18. LordDecay

LordDecay Member

Hey does anyone know if the VFs in kumite that are based on japanese players are beter than the regular VFs in kumite? Ecample BunBunMaru's Wolf being beter than a random wolf in kumite. Thanks.

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just another Kumite challenger I've seen:

Mask du HT (Mask de hijitetsu).

Jacky looks so wrong with that mop on his head :p

20. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I think the long hair is OK, but what's with changing the color to brown? Why not leave it blond, which I thought was natural for him and Sarah... doh! Alright, I guess they both are bleaching... =) Ugh, I am so jealous of Aoi and Van players being able to change hair color/styles... It'd be cool to see Sarah with out the pony tail... something like what you can do with Wolf... errr.... =)

Hey! Where's the blue streaked hair that I've seen mentioned for Sarah? Was that taken out of the PS2 version?