1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Jacky

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Mackfactor, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Im new to Jacky. Im new to VF, but i do play GOH, Kage, Akira...

JACKY:pKG switches the position on jacky from front to back.. is there a reason besides being flashy... why u would use this?? the only reason i would imagine to use it.. is for catching tech rollers with 46 KG to different sides...since 46KG only catches 1 direction teching...

Another question.. OM P and K moves..
    When do u apply these attacks in what situation? I know the use for Defensive attack moves, to evade and punish linear moves.. however I dont know when to use Offensive Moves.. in Videos i usually see ppl use OM P/k during OKIZEME.... But if someone can clearify the use.. or the way ur suppose to use it in different situation( face up ass down feet up, face down feet down.. etc<when to apply or which direction to OM in these situations ).. and besides OKIZEME pressure is there uses for OM? thanks

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You've already asked these questions...

OM question

Stance switch question

No need to create three threads for two questions /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

wow really. You just cut and pasted your posts from the other threads you made.

. . . did you even read the answers BF and I gave you?

4. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    ya i read them ty btw.
    I was just worried that noone would see the thread so i posted alot.. wont do it again
    ( :

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    by the way... 46KG is full circular. There is no need to switch stance to use this move regardless of what side people tech roll too.

6. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    oh nice to know
    ( :
    thanks KONJOU
    i watched ur Kage tactics video and ur match vids... im learning kage and akira!

good matches and vids btw
    Konjou mind if i add u to xbox vf? im desperate to find US or CA players

7. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
  8. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

I can add some background too - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, for Jacky is one of his few moves that leave you advantaged on block (and I believe the opponent side-turned on successful hit). Given this, these could be applied as part of an okizeme/yomi game, when you know that you have galled your opponent into blocking when they rise. Set up with the stance switch spin kick, and then follow that up with whatever effect counter you want. I've just started researching Jacky (I'm sick of losing to him), but his elbow set ups seem like a good follow up from here (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif).

OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I can't speak for Jacky, but presumably some of the strategy remains the same across all characters. When using Brad, I find these moves act as effective ways to close the gap when people start backing off in the hopes of cutting down on the pressure being applied. Combined with other movement (crouch dash, evade, etc.), you can quickly close the gap on your opponent. If you don't use OM strikes very often, they won't be anticipating an attack coming at them so quickly from so far away. Standard setup from a distance would be something like:

Crouch dash backwards, evade, crouch dash forward, OM (and then throw in the P at the end of if you feel you're close enough to connect).

The backwards crouch dash at the start is simply to add more movement to the cycle and confuse your opponent. Sometimes the OM won't be necessary, as your opponent will jump at the first sign of movement and whiff an attack, setting you back up to begin another attack phase. Your mileage may vary.

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Unless you're trying for a wall-splat.

P+K+G, K has 6 active frames, which is a grip. Which is another reason why it can be applied as deathsushi mentioned above.

10. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Krs, can you elaborate on that a bit? I've seen the same concept applied to Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif standing elbow smash (also 6 active frames), but don't have a feel for why that makes it a good candidate for rising opponents.

Is it just that it means there is a longer window within which you will be able to crush them with the move, or is there some other quality about greater number of active frames that make it worthwhile?

11. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

yeah lots of active frames is good for crushing attacks.

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    ...and the reason why (which is what deathsushi is asking) is because to key to crushing is to have your attack's hit frames intersect/collide with the hit frames of the rising attack.

Obviously, the more frames you have to play with, the better your chances at making your hit phase overlap with theirs.

Since rising attacks typically have a small number of active hit frames, the timing for this is difficult considering your opponent can delay their rising attack.

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ What Myke said. Damage is also important right? Since this move is higher damage than rising attacks, it will win out if they happen to collide.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yep, when two moves collide in VF, the move with the higher damage wins.

Since all rising attacks do 20 pts damage, then the crushing attack needs to do 21 pts or more.

15. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Just in case it was unclear, another reason this is important is that rising attacks are invincible until their hit frames, otherwise you could just interrupt them early.

16. BdoubleBlade

BdoubleBlade Member

Kind of a stupid question but I have the hardest times trying to do the shuffle moves on this game. I really want to learn that flying dragon kick that Jacky does, not really sure what the exact command of it is in the dojo. I kind of wish in the dojo they would show you the move first so you can see the move you trying to do. I am trying to up my game all around but there's just certain moves I can't do even in the Dojo. So if its not working in the Dojo I know it won't work against a live opponent. Anybody have any pointers?

17. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    You can play the move in the command list in dojo mode. If you put input display on aswell you can also see the command inputs at the same time, so you can get an idea of the speed and timing.

In dojo press start, then go to the command list, at the bottom it should say 'demo' (along with other commands assigned to buttons) select that to see that move played out infinetly.

I'm not sure what button it is, the select button I think. can someone reiterate?

Hope that helps

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    [4][P]+[K]+[G] -> [3][3][K]+[G]

19. BdoubleBlade

BdoubleBlade Member

Thanks a lot guys!

20. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I dont think you would want to use that move anyway. Maybe to throw it out there randomly but it really isnt worth doing. Slide shuffle moves in general are a bit of a pain to properly use.