1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about PS2 Kumite rankings

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by 1k1k, Jan 7, 2003.

1. 1k1k

1k1k Active Member

Ok here's the deal.. i was a Grandmaster (608 wins, 242 losses; 71%) and beat a Subjugator in a Ranking Match to become a Stormlord (why a Subjugator would promote a Grandmaster is beyond me but whatever). Shouldn't i have become a Demonlord? Does this mean that, at this rate, i will eventually become a High King?

The char in question was my first Kumite character..once i became a Grandmaster i realized i wouldn't get to be a High King so i started a new Aoi Kumite char and quickly got to High King.

So i already have a High King Aoi and kinda wanted an Emperor Aoi too, but..will the above scenario screw things up?? I thought i had to get 78% or better to get to the higher tier ranks, and figured that at 71% now i wouldn't get that high before achieving Emperor..but now i'm all confused.

Is there a bug in the PS2? Come to think of it i have never once faced a Demonlord or a Shadowlord, and i've played well over 2000 Kumite battles. what gives?

2. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

...it splits again....*sighs*....look at the ranking file....

3. 1k1k

1k1k Active Member

oops

At Grand Master or Subjugator rank, you will get to go off to 2 different branches again. Collect +12 victory points, you will advance to Demonlord. Defeat 10 same rank opponents consecutively, you will get Stormlord instead.

missed that when i looked at the rankings faq. well thats cool at least i dont have to worry about throwing any more than three games

4. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

....glad I could help....it just makes me feel important.....

5. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

Wow so the win/loss ratio determined what ranking path was all the way be in VF4?
    I didn't know that. So If I'm already High King I would have to start all over again with another player profile to have a Emperor or Grandmaster status?

Can I demoted in VF4 ?

6. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

7. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk