1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about SideStep

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by FokFu, Jun 16, 2002.

1. FokFu

FokFu Active Member

I can always connect with the following:
    When my opponent blocks my SDE, I can usually immediately dodge his/her counter attack and then do a [4_][6_][6_]+[P]+[K], which takes off about 50% of my opponent's life.

However, I don't seem to be able to connect with the dodge + [4_][6_][6_]+[P]+[K] after dodging my opponent's normal attack as oppose to a counter attack after my SDE, say the elbow from Kage or a P from Pai.

My question here is: Is there any timing difference between initiating a counter attacking upon Side stepping from your opponent's attack and upon dodging your opponent's attack when the initiate attack was blocked? I feel as though there's a timing difference....

I also notice that when you want to side step and throw your opponent, you have to delay your throwing command for a period of time. In other words, you can't side step and hit [P]+[G] immediately. I find this particularly hard to do because I don't know how long to delay my command input. Please advise...

FokFu