Question about SideStep

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by FokFu, Jun 16, 2002.

1. FokFu

FokFu Active Member

I can always connect with the following:
    When my opponent blocks my SDE, I can usually immediately dodge his/her counter attack and then do a /versus/images/commands/B.gif/versus/images/commands/F.gif/versus/images/commands/F.gif+/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif, which takes off about 50% of my opponent's life.

However, I don't seem to be able to connect with the dodge + /versus/images/commands/B.gif/versus/images/commands/F.gif/versus/images/commands/F.gif+/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif after dodging my opponent's normal attack as oppose to a counter attack after my SDE, say the elbow from Kage or a P from Pai.

My question here is: Is there any timing difference between initiating a counter attacking upon Side stepping from your opponent's attack and upon dodging your opponent's attack when the initiate attack was blocked? I feel as though there's a timing difference....

I also notice that when you want to side step and throw your opponent, you have to delay your throwing command for a period of time. In other words, you can't side step and hit /versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif immediately. I find this particularly hard to do because I don't know how long to delay my command input. Please advise...

FokFu