1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about starting character?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Saitou, May 5, 2002.

1. Saitou

Saitou New Member

Im a total beginner to Virtua Fighter games. And just bought the fourth version =) What character is good to start out with if you want to learn the basic way to play VF4 so you can then learn to play whith the more complicated characters such as Akira. Or is that just uneccesary?

2. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

akira isn't hard to use(well, his play style isn't, but the move commands you need to do can be quite annoying for beginners).

jacky's always good for beginners to learn the basic poking mechanism for the game.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved from Junky's Jungle.

4. plan17

plan17 Active Member

bleh. Use Jacky... beginners shouldn't start with Akira... his style of fighting is kinda unconventional, and it's important that you learn the basic mechanics of the game before you try someone like Akira. But whatever. I tried Aoi first for chrissakes.

5. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

The only hard thing about Akira is performing some of his moves... And you don't need them to start good with him. You really don't need to think too much with Akira, so he's not as hard as he seems to be. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Saitou

Saitou New Member

Well, I´m gonna go whith Vanessa to begin whith. Her Muai-Thai Stance is really awesome.

7. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_chara_chart.html>Click on this link to VFDC's Character Selection Guide.</a> It's a pretty helpful guide put together by ice-9 that can be used to make this kind of choice. It suggests that Pai, Lau, Wolf, Sarah, Jacky, Lion and Lei-Fei are the easiest to start with. If you want a character you can grow with and will grow with you, Wolf, Sarah, Lion and Lei-Fei seem to be your best bets. I've been using Sarah and Lion off and on to get a feel for parts of their games and recommend them heartily for beginners. I especially recommend Sarah if you are more accustomed to conventional fighting.