1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about wiffed 0 frame throw..

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by StarEileen, Mar 5, 2008.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

This might be old news to you guys but I was in Dojo mode the other day and I noticed that after a hit (i.e. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif) even if it's CH, if you follow with a throw it will not be a 0 frame throw.
    I thought that if the opponent just stands there after the hit and I'm close enough then it would be a 0 frame throw but it wasn't.
    I could not do a 0 frame throw until after a second or so when the opponent had recovered from the hit.
    It wasn't that the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif pushed the opponent away, it's just that I could not 0 frame throw during the recovery frames.

This might be old to you guys but it's news to me >_<

2. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Yes, you are right.
    It's because the opponent was not "stand still (idly)" after your 2P, he was in recovering(hitstun).
    ...but as you know, if he succsesfull evade your 2P, just after your 2P you may throw(need buffered) him by 0-throw while he evade.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I posted this about a year ago for Version B (scroll to my post): Link about 0-frame throw versus 12-frame throw

There is one slight change to the "rules" for Version C (Posted in the Arcade Forums, "Version C Revisions") related to evades.

There is a 10-frame window in which your throw will come out as the 12 frame throw (Additional verification in the Esoteric Frame Sticky).

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Cant perform a 0-frame throw on an evader anymore, it was changed between PS3 and xbox versions.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the link. I'm starting to have a deeper understanding of scenarios now.