1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for anyone that owns a Sega Saturn(VF related)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by SpitFireX, Apr 18, 2003.

1. SpitFireX

SpitFireX Member

Does anyone still play VF2 on Saturn?(besides me)

Thanks for answering, I'm just wondering..

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

A few of us in Toronto still play VF2 running off of an arcade PCB actually. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif That, and there are a number of people who play VF2 PC online. You can find an opponent often enough in #vfhome on EFNet IRC.

3. SpitFireX

SpitFireX Member

Theres a VF2 on PC??? thats cool, but how are the controls?

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

the controls? keyboard is better than pad but joystick is better than both of those. if you have a ps2 joystick you can buy adaptors to use it on your pc (even for games other than VF2).

There's a growing core of players for VF2PC and we're usually found on IRC gunning for games. Get the PC version and come play. Its fun.

GE

5. SpitFireX

SpitFireX Member

Yes, I would like to get the VF2 for PC(playing online has got to be awesome)

Where can I get it?

Also how would playing on 56K be?

Thanks

6. GodEater

ouch. 56k can be rough but its not so bad. Come onto irc and people will point you in the right direction.

GE

7. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

God Eater, but i thought VF was a game in which moves were too precise to be played online... I mean, the frame stuff. At least if i'm on the other side of the world, and i wanna play against someone there, it might be rough. Like.. every move that requires timing would be kinda..hard to make, i think.. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

There is some lag involved but it's all part of the fun. Distance will govern how much lag you experience - I've played games that had no lag at all in the past against people who live an hour away...and a bit of lag between Toronto and New York, for example. But it's all just for fun so it's not an issue, really. I know that GE regularly gets SPoDs, so the lag isn't as bad as you may think.

9. GodEater

llan's right. lag is there but not the INCREDIBLY LIMITING FACTOR that everyone likes to think. It's is still playable and still playable at high levels. I've have guaranteed low and high throws get mucked up but but I've also low thrown whiffed low punches, [2]+[P] MC low throw, Spod, combos, and ura. its great.

GE