1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Akira Yuki Moves ...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by tksstanley, Jan 21, 2002.

1. tksstanley

tksstanley New Member

Hi,

I have got a question and would hope that somebody could help.

What are the most damaging follow-up moves or combos to use after a shoulder ram, reverse bodycheck, stumbling trip and surprise exchange?

Sorry, i do not know if that question was asked or answered before, but would kindly appreciate any advice. Thanks alot.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Read UK-guy's awesome summary about select combos...

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=22522&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=22522&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=</a>

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

What are the most damaging follow-up moves or combos to use after a shoulder ram, reverse bodycheck, stumbling trip and surprise exchange?

A: sdrm,P,shdm,dbpm for lights.
    As for R.sh chk, b,d+P+G, there isn't any confirm combo!!! if u'r thinkin of DBC, unless u'r playin with an idiotic cpu!
    Surprised exchange is always doned with 'canned' dbpm as combo.

Sorry, i do not know if that question was asked or answered before, but would kindly appreciate any advice. Thanks alot.

R u new or acting new? Dun play Akira if u'r too lazy to read up the faq posted in the HOME page. Click on Fighters and look for combos.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

just saw the QCB walk bodycheck combo in the new Daioh movie. If there is ANY cheap move in VF4, this is it. No move should do that much damage. I think the Akira was a bit embarassed for using that move.

And interesting thing is that that emperor Akira used a single palm to punish Lion's sweep.... duh.... Isn't the shrm guaranteed?

5. LAU Abuser

just saw the QCB walk bodycheck combo in the new Daioh movie. If there is ANY cheap move in VF4, this is it. No move should do that much damage. I think the Akira was a bit embarassed for using that move.

And interesting thing is that that emperor Akira used a single palm to punish Lion's sweep.... duh.... Isn't the shrm guaranteed?

Hey! give me the link to this movie! (,")... u make me very 'gian'... I juz finished the movie 'Kage def Akira' 3-2... Very impressed with the losing Akira... shrm,p,p,dbpm... I was actually enticipating some fanciful Akira though... Yah, the clip?

6. LAU Abuser

I juz seen that clip... I think the Emperor wanted to 'play safer'. From my usuage of Akira, the Lion's sweep is highly shrm'able... but we've to consider 'distance' between oppo and Akira... This can be another reason for sgpm...

Regarding the clip, that Lion is extremely 'playful' with fwd and bwd 'small' hopping...(after ring out that Akira wif a high sweep). ***I'll go over n kick my oppo if he does that to me (,")!!!

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I thought UK-Dude was exagerrating (he has a tendency) about the damage, but nope... over fifty percent. 100 points is definitely NOT max damage. AIEIIEIEEEEEEEEEEEe.

As for block sweep into shrm, maybe it's an offensive preference to keep the opponent standing and force them to lose initiative rather than being knocked down? Or are you saying an entire shrm combo is guaranteed? I'd think you could at least get shrm, DLC or shrm, low kick.

To answer the original poster - I did a REALLY thorough cover of that question, and like you said, it was already answered. So I can't be bothered to write it again... click the search button and search for Akira Stumble (any of the words).. you're sure to come on mine at least.