1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Toe Kick of Doom...

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by ken, Feb 22, 2002.

1. ken

ken Well-Known Member

This is the age old question yet I've never seen a 100% method.. only patchy theories.

Anyone care to share the exact procedure to do the TKOD?

The timing is very different depending when an MC occurs. The are many theories here are some. The question is when to execute the "QCF+P+G" component

Theory 1: Foot placement
    When jeffery drops the kicking foot back to the ground.

Theory 2: Jeffrey's Hand
    Myke noticed that the timing is close to when Jeffrey opens up his hand from fist to open hand.

Theory 3: Opponents Animation
    The timing is very close to when the enemy is about to recover fully from the impact of the Toe Kick.

Any other theories or definite methods regarding this move?

2. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

I think, as long as the opponent don't struggle, the Crucifix will come.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the timing is the same no matter what. A major counter just makes the frame during which the opponent can hit jeffry out of it smaller.

theory 1 and 3 are both correct. Jeff and the opponent recover at roughly the same time. Maybe jeff a hair earlier. Shoot for pressing PKG exactly at the moment jeff could recover and do any other attack.

4. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Why bother abt TKoD when it nevers connect.

There r 2 senarios where TKoD works.

1. Oppo dodges and guard.
    2. Oppo guard high.
    The reason for oppo to do these is Low on life when the possible P will KO.

Regardin the timing, i dun know but i'm able to execute TKoD if oppo does nothing and thats very rare.

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

1. Oppo dodges and guard.
    2. Oppo guard high.

<hr></blockquote>

Do you think before you write these things? If your opponent guards high, guess what Einstein, the toe kick will be blocked. It's shit like this that messes up beginners especially. So, please, think before you write.

People were convinced in VF3tb that the TKoD was not worth it since all it took was your opponent breathing on the stick to stop it from happening. That being said, you should have seen the look on my face when Myke landed a few of them on me in tense battles.

I wouldn't knock the TKoD - it's a great move as long as you can do it. For Ken: CreeD's response to timing is correct and it's really a matter of practice. One word of advice: do it slower than you think as people have the tendency to execute the qcf+PK+G too fast.

cheers,

6. LAU Abuser

Sorry, i forgot to state that TK hits oppo first. Btw, Anyone does TKoD in vs matches? If u do, your oppo sucks.

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I have actually got the move on some opponents, but mostly n00s./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. strangelove

strangelove Active Member

Anyone aware if theres any TKOD movies around ?
    any movies featuring Jeffrey is exotic ...

9. LAU Abuser

I've never got TKoD... But i've ever allowed them on me... if u can read betw. the lines.

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I am definatly with you on this. Sal has landed more than a few TKoD's on me...

11. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I havent seen any soo far.

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

sigh. you just don't get it do you? I wish I was convinced you were anything other than a child using a borrowed account, I'd take more time to explain things to you.

GE

13. LAU Abuser

and btw, read this
    LAU Abuser:Why bother abt TKoD when it nevers connect.

This very sentence says 'connects'
    TKoD means
    TK-toe kick
    oD- means of doom aka splash mountain..

The word connects means toe kick with a splash mountain as a followup.
    Asshole, go learn some english and stop bothering abt newbies unable to understand. Coz, u r so ass headed and talk too much abt cock n bull stories.
    Abt your misfortune, my condolences. You'r worst than SOL(statue of liber). Only statues get TKoD. Or did Myke did a 'pirated' splash mountain on yo? Its hard to accertain this as YOU stood like a bloody STATUE. next time, dodge>LP. Learn this well son, its now or never.

14. LAU Abuser

Shit eater, how much time have you spent studyin TKoD? You wouldnt handle a fuck in Vs situations. Stop talkin or suckin up Llanfair's red headed cock. he no better than you> 2 newbies suck up one another's dick.
    TKoD is not a hit throw combo. wanna see Jeff's b,P+K>K>splash mountain for a change?

15. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

you prove your pre-pubescence with each post. you also show that you have very little knowledge about the game you like to bleat about.

Goodbye,

GE

16. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

next time, dodge>LP.

LoL. yeah...that'll work after you've gotten hit with a toe kick.

Considering that if you get hit with the toe kick, you're guaranteed to eat the follow up P, it comes from conditioning folks to think "Damn he just got me with a toe-kick, how do I want to recover from the knockdown on the overhead punch (whatever it's called)..." and whiel their getting ready to TR or QR or whatever, you throw out the splash mountain instead. It's not something you use all the time, it's just something to capitalize on when your opponent is thinking he knows your follow up.

wanna see Jeff's b,P+K>K>splash mountain

LoL, yet again...is this another one of your "guarantees" like frontal back breaker, pounce? ROFL...