1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Aoi

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Aoiscrub1979, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Aoiscrub1979

Aoiscrub1979 Member

I was just wondering, what exactly is Aoi saying during her fight introductions and win quotes. I dont normally care, but since Aoi is such a small character, I wouldn't think she would talk much shit during her matches.

Also, Aoi is trained in Aikido, which is the same style Steven Segal use. However their fight styles look completely different. Steven Segal's style look more brutish, and may just be prettied up for hollywood, but its just a guess by me. Also, Geese and Kasumi from Fatal Fury and KOF respectively use Akido and their styles seem different as well. However, I did see a Bruce Lee film called Game of Death ( I think that was the name) in which he fought an Aikido fighter, whos style resembled Kusumi's. anyway, I hope someone answers. Thanks

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Teh Search.

Use the search m8; the question about winposes / qoutes has been done to death.
    Other than that; don't try to find resemblence between fightinggame characters and movie stars / other fightinggame chars. I've trained Shotokan a long time and I haven't done a fireball yet (in public) like Ryu and Ken can. I have a m8 who can fly thru the air cause he's a sumo though (5 to 10meters clean). That bastard is top tier. We need a capoeira user who can generate electricity now and then we're gonna fight crime in Venice.

Besides that; This shouldn't have been posted in General either I reckon.

/KiwE (P.S; There isn't a Aikido practioner in Game of Death - It's Hapkido).

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, Aoi is trained in Aikido, which is the same style Steven Segal use.

[/ QUOTE ]

She uses Aiki Jujitsu, actually, which is a mixture of the two.

4. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

yah, aoi practices aki-jj, and her throws/reversals are actually pretty good emulations of them, at least graphically.

5. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

OK, I believe in VF3 she was supposed to practice aikido and in one of her introductions she talks about the spirit of Aikido. I think they changed it to Aiki ju jutsu to more accurately reflect the diversity of her attacks. btw Aiki Ju Jitsu is not a mixture of Aikido and Hapkido but rather a precurser to both of them. Hapkido originated when a korean was taught Aiki jj during the japanese occupation of korea and Aikido originated a bit later in Japan. As for her techniques resembling Aikido, some do and some don't. Due to the philosophical limitations of aikido some leeway needs to be taken when designing a fighting game and when creating a movie. On that note some of seagals techniques are definitively aikido while some are not. Also keep in mind that that there are many different styles of Aikido ranging from "hard" to "soft". Seagals aikido is most definitely "hard" and at times resembles Ju jitsu more than aikido. The same can be said about Aoi, although obviously there are big differences between her and seagal. I hope I have been helpful.

Robin