1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about changes of Akira from VF3tb to VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, Jan 25, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

uhm.. besides the ones you mentioned, d/f+P+K is one. Also I think AS3 and DLC require you to be standing.

if you crouch and enter b,f+P+K... you might get a shoulder ram instead of the desired double fisted strike. I'm not sure on that one.
    Also, can anyone confirm if a mid or low reversal done from crouch works? Does it make akira stand up suddenly and go into whiff animation?

2. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

From my experience, if you are crouching, you can do any reversal rapidly but you have to let the joystick go to neutral first and do the reversal. Example, you want to reverse a mid kick, you cannot roll the joystick from d to db, you have to let it go to neutral first. When you let it go to neutral, you don't have to wait for akira to stand up first, just do it rapidly the motions and buttons presses. As for b,f+p+k from crouching, do b,b,f+p+k to make akira stand up quickly first to do two fist strike. The reversal info applies to all characters. DLC can be done while crouching unlike df+p+k which you have to buffer in b,b or f,f first. DLC is like the reversal point i mention earlier, you can't roll d to df+k+g, you have to go to neutral first but you don't have to watch for akira to stand rapidly. You can also crouch dash and do DLC.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i did DLC from crouch alot of times... not sure abt as3. but b, f +pk can be done from crouch too.

i think d/f+pk is the only move akira have tat cannot be done from crouch.

4. danny13

err, standing single palm and the two guard breaks also. Stumbling throw has to be done while standing also.

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

nice; concerning revision C,
    is m-ShRm, PG, DBC a good combo?

considering how BC now caps at 65, it doesn't matter how far you do the BC anymore, and concerning the juggle damage scaling, the combo's damage would be

30+12(80%)+65(80%)
    or
    30+9+52=91 pts of damage on normal hit, not bad, in fact, pretty good.

6. danny13

I seriously don't think bodycheck can do that kind of damage to airborne opponents.

7. ReCharredSigh

did revision C's damage scaling system change or something?

i thought the 2nd hit of a float combo will do 80% of what it
    normally does.

8. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I don't think he's insinuating the damage scaling changed, it's just that getting a "full" BC on an airborne is damn near impossible in VF4. Without a MC float and/or a wall hit, you don't have enough time to get the full deep BC before it get's counted as a ground hit, which totally kills it's damage scaling (50%).

This definitely isn't VF3 anymore with the massive floats that gave you all the time in the world to land it. In pretty much any open area situation where a good deep BC would be possible, a m-shrm->b,f+P+K will almost always connect and do just as much damage, as well as being much more reliable. The only time to combo a BC is in a wall combo, pretty much.

9. ReCharredSigh

oh, is akira's bodycheck in VF4 rev C still range dependent on damage? maybe that's why i make this mistake, cause virtuaproject's data on akira's rev C bodycheck lists it as 65, a solid number, not some variable range-dependent attack.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

It's variable.

11. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think the minimums are still 20 for the elbows, single, double and standing palms, and 25 for the body check.

12. ReCharredSigh

thanks, that's weird. if that's so, why doesn't the movelist data at both VFDC and virtuaproject.com list this? or are people just lazy?

13. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Re: Questions about changes of Akira from VF3tb to

Well from arcade rev. B (which has the more powerful version of the BC) a shrm,P[G], m-shrm, BC will take off 40~45% of damage on a LW (MC). The BC is almost negligeable even if you hit full on with it ( probably as much as a normal punch ).

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""are people just lazy?"""

Has it occured to you that such info were not unavailable to us until the bluebook was released?

And that myke/kbcat might not have gotten a copy of the blue book yet?

And that myke/kbcat might actually be buzy with other stuff (VF n non VF ) as well?

Sorry if this sounds like I'm picking on you..I just got annoyed by ur comment.

15. ReCharredSigh

ok, ok, sheesh, i'm sorry! i'm just kinda curious why, cause in the past you'd get range numbers for all of akira's dashing attacks, and it was kinda weird to see how it was all one solid number in vf4; i didn't mean to offend anyone.