1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about SDE

Discussion in 'Akira' started by 2ndFace, Nov 3, 2006.

1. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
    Hi I´m new to this Forum but i Coulndn´t find a Thread about SDE. I found some info I needed and practiced SDE after Block but still have some Questions.
    - How fast do you need to input sde after 2P for the fastest execution?
    Tried it in Practice and my Frame data reads like this
    2P : X
    6 : 13
    6 : 7
    6P : 8

- Is there a way to practice sde after 2P with the counterattack mode in Practice mode
    (CPU on guard - Counterattack with P, 2P etc.)?
    I´m Thankful for any Help

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

SDE will never be 14 frames, it will always come out at least 15 frames from any situation. Practice something like 46P guard, set opponent to mid attack 1 (if they have a 14 frame elbow) and try to interrupt it with SDE. If you want it faster replace 46P with P (both are +1 on guard)

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

There's also a section in Akira's tactics advice on the disk that has a hit-confirm exercise about SDE. This is probably the most important thing to learn if you want to use SDE properly. You can also use the example Siyko gave which is also useful.

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

It is possible to do a 14 frame SDE but is really hard.

5. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
    Thank You all for the help. I Practiced a lot Yesterday. And it worked. I Still got the 1 Frame Delay. But doing SDE after P or 2P without 1Frame Delay seems Impossible to me. Maybe after Moves with longer recovery.