1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for NYC VFers

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by nxw0016, Mar 4, 2002.

1. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Did anyone on this forum went to the Chinatown Fair arcade last Friday night (Mach 1) and Sunday afternoon (March 3)? I was there at both occassions, played with several people but did not have chance to ask whether they are from this forum as well.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I will be in NYC Friday, March 15 for the weekend.

3. nxw0016

Hey that's cool. Will you be there for the whole weekend? I can only make it on Saturday or Sunday afternoon to night. Have not seen the members on this forum showing up there very often recently. Probably most of us are playing it on PS2?????

I am still waiting for its US release /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, most likely. The NYC crowd is generally an arcade bunch, but it's hard to argue against perfect sticks, free play, and most of all, Version C. I'll be staying with Adam, but outside of PS2 play at home I'm not sure how much VF4 I'll be able to get in.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Wow, guess your spring break is earlier than mine... I was considering going to New York the following weekend...

-Chanchai

6. nxw0016

Hey Chanchai and Ice-9, whatever weekend you come here, I will try to make it to NYC to play with you guys. Arcade is no problem, but if you wanna play the PS2 version in Adam's place......hmmm, hope he will invite me over. At least for one afternoon of play.

Chanchai by the time you come to NYC (if you will), that will be the time the PS2 VF4 has been released in US! And I should already have that by then, maybe you can come over to my place for one day!

I already bought a ASCII stick (the CvS stick) before I got the PS2 system! But that's the only one I have.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Nan, I definitely would like to visit you. Though I've been to Jersey before, I could use more exposure to the area.

As far as I know, you are most likely welcome to Adam's place (which is in Long Island). Don't know about staying arrangements, but you could private message him about details.

Anyways... it's a thought... My thoughts right now for that week (for a full week or divided up throughout):
    -New York (NYC/LIC/NJ)
    -Florida (almost all over--too many friends and associates down there)
    -Boston
    -Bay Area (SJ/SF + Sacramento)
    -Los Angelos (would be nice to go back to the Valley for a bit, hang out with a bunch of friends and play VF for a week)
    -Chicago + Midwest (this isn't very likely, but it would be fun to look around the area more)
    -Omaha (never been here, would be nice)
    -Vancouver BC (most likely going to do this after Spring Break)
    -Seattle
    -Sticking around Portland and resting (while playing lots of VF4 and VOOT with the guys in Portland)

Anyone in those areas or just about anywhere else that thinks they would like my company and can convince me that they are not a psycho--you're welcome to make me an offer to hang out in your area/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

nope, none of the people who usually play VF plays at chinatown anymore, i usually drop by but its rare.

9. nxw0016

Hi Picolo, no wonder I haven't seen many of you there frequently. But when you guys show up sure the battle is exciting.

Chanchai, just let me know your plan when it comes.

10. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    i'm usually there, but i'm usually playing STREET FIGHTER 3 THIRD STRIKE /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I would play VF more, but the competition is well, how can I say it, none existant. Anyways, if I don't have to work this weekend. I will not be there, because i'm going to tag along with some friends to philly, for march madness. The following weekend and the rest to come i will more than likely be there every saturday and sunday playing third strike. Just look for the SEAN player hehehe i'm the only one, so I shouldn't be to hard to find. We will hook up and play some VF! PEACE!

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    When VF first came out at Chinatown Fair, the regulars would get together on Fridays since that is when most people go to play. Weekends are so-so. But this weekend is March Madness in Philly.

I haven't been to CF in almost 2 weeks. I missed last Friday because it was my birthday /versus/images/icons/cool.gif Me and my friends drove to Toronto. I saw a VF3.1 tb machine for the first time. A little too late./versus/images/icons/mad.gif

BUT, last time I was there, no old schoolers were present though the was a steady stream of combatants lined up. New people are trying to play and learn the game which is a very good thing.

I can show up on a Saturday late afternoon if you give me notice. I can't seem to wake up ealry on Sat' to meet up with nycat.

12. nxw0016

I am thinking about going to philly this Saturday, however if there are still players in NYC, I will still go to Chinatown Fair to play. Philly is a farther trip for me and I am not sure yet.

Usually I go there on Saturday afternoon and stay till late night. Difficult for me to be there on Sat. morning because it takes me about 2 hours train/subway just to get there. (I am from the Central Jersey shore area.)