1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question on frame advantage on Side Turned

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Temjin, May 12, 2008.

1. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

The frame advantage on a Back Turned opponent is 3 frames or 3 frames disadvantage if you are back turened.

What is the frame/disadvantage for Side Turned situations?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  3. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Re: Quick question on frame advantage on Side Turn

The BradyGames Virtua Fighter Strategy Guide states the following. Except for situations where backtuns are use offensively, its generally a bad thing to have your back to the enemy. From here, any action started will take an extra 3 frames to execute.

I presume that the strategy guide is erroneous. If backturned situations are 3, then side turns situations have to be 1 or 2 which seems too minimal.

The 6 for Back Turns and 3 for side turns make more sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

No problem, and yeah, the BradyGames guide is incorrect on this point.

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nearly everything in their guides is incorrect or it's written and layed out in such a way it makes the guide useless.

6. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The information is so impcomplete that you get more confused than understanding the game. I recommend to everyone to save your money on this pooly written book.

Just read the
    1. Frames Guide
    2. System guide one and two.

Complete and very clearly written.

The only issue I have with VF is that you have to learn every charachter to be an advanced player. Very time consumng.