1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick questions?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, May 14, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

HEY HEY!!

firstly well done to everyone who set up this site. i wouldn't be playing VF if it wasn't for you.

like many, i'm new to the whole VF scene. i started on Tekken and got use to the system. i found it ok but it was open to too many cheap tactics.

i can honestly say that VF3 is probably the most deepest beat-em-up i've ever played. nothing comes close to the ammount of technical knowledge you need to simply 'play' this game.

since i'm use to the idea of juggling, i started with Kage. after reading the FAQ's on this site, i was shocked with how much could actually be done after a TFT. a simple combo i use is with Kage's back to the wall TFT, DP, P P B+P, D+K+G, sliding K. this works on the lightweights when in Pai's stage. it's about 150 damage on the DC.

i got two quick questions which i need some help on

1. on flat ground with a medium sized characted, what is the most damaging combo kage can do after a TFT?

2. is their any attack which will definitely hit after Jeffry's D+P+G??

once again thanks for putting together such a comprehensive site. if it wasn't for you, i'd still be playing tekken!!!!!!!

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

1. on flat ground with a medium sized characted, what is the most damaging combo kage can do after a TFT?

<hr></blockquote>

I'm fairly sure that TFT --> Knee --> PPK --> F+K (slide) is the most damaging TFT sequence. Against middle weights (up to Akira), I'm not entirely sure you can sneak in an extra P(G), but I think you can if you've got a perfectly timed running slide.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

3. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

2. is their any attack which will definitely hit after Jeffry's D+P+G??

No pounce/stomp is guaranteed. No chance for Uramawari either. Just a simple & dry Okiseme.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

there's nothing like a tft question to bring the kage playing posters out of the woodwork.

on DC, on flat ground: tft, knee, PG, PPK, slide (109 points) can be done on everyone save for jeff and wolf. tft, knee, PPK, slide (107 points) can be done on everyone, even jeff.

on the arcade, on flat ground, tft, knee, PPK, slide is possible only up to jacky, leaving out akira, jeff, and wolf. tft, knee, PG, PPK, slide is not possible on the arcade, not even with downhill terrain (it will never connect fully).

tft, knee, PPK, slide should be your bread and butter tft combo for the DC. for the arcade it should be knee b+P,K, heel swat (98 points), or knee F+P, PK, slide (100 points). only do knee PPK slide on the arcade if you're completely sure you can do it. it's exceptionally difficult.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Which d+P+G?

Akumapac, exactly which d+P+G were you asking about? Reading your question leads me to think you're asking about Jeff's d+P+G ground pickup, and not his d+P+G standing throw (which is what I think Shota's answer referred to).

But, either way, no guaranteed followups are possible.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

a simple combo i use is with Kage's back to the wall TFT, DP, P P B+P, D+K+G, sliding K. this works on the lightweights when in Pai's stage. it's about 150 damage on the DC.

This works on all the characters except Taka. I think there is a stance requirement on certain characters (otherwise the d+K+G will whiff), but I forget what exactly.

ice-9

7. Guest

Guest Guest

for whatever it's worth, i can't get that wall combo to work on the arcade version. i've tried about a bajillion times with different characters and different angles and different stances. think it's DC only.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Which d+P+G?

Thanks for the answer

does that mean that both characters recover at the same time?

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised... /images/icons/frown.gif for Kage players!

ice-9

10. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

I posted the TFT wall, DP, PPb+P, d+K+G, F+K AGES ago. It should be in the Kage movies list. And I'm sure it does over 150%, check the energy bar of the oppoenet who gets the combo in the movie. In the arcade on Pai's stage TFT wall, DP, PPK, F+K works and still takes shit loads. I think PPb+PK, F+K works on lighties.

On flat ground (i.e. Akira's stage) TFT wall, DP, PKG, DP, d/f+K is do-able on everyone except TAKA, or just do u/b+K+G instead of DP. Aoi can get the classic TFT wall, u/f+K+G, DP, u/b+K+G OTB or TFT Wall, DP, PKG, b+K+G, u/b+K+G OTB (or DP).

Other fun ones to try are (all DC unfortunately)
    TFT Wall: (btw u+K+G is the method for a back turned van halen u or u/f+K)
    DP, u+K+G (whilst still facing the wall), TT d+K
    DP, take-off kick (D,U+K)
    DP, u/b+K+G (whilst still facing the wall)
    DP, u+K+G (whilst still facing the wall), TT d+P (or d+K if you've turned around after the u+K+G), DP OTB (Aoi only)

other neat back turned TFT combos:

TFT, f+E, PPb+P (should now be in front of floating opponent), d+P+E, d+P+E, u/b+K+G or take-off kick or U+K+G, TT d+K or TT d+K
    TFT, f+E, PPb+P (should now be in front of floating opponent), TT PPPb+K
    TFT, F+E, d+K+G or d+P+K (should be in front of opponent), u/b+K+G
    TFT, F+E, u+K+G (should be in front of opponent), TT d+K
    TFT, F+E, d+P+K (should be in front of opponent), into any of the 2x d+P+E combos

other nice combos that require a liitel distane from the wall:
    TFT, Knee (opponent hits wall), PPK, u/b+K+G (Aoi only I think)
    TFT, Knee (opponent hits wall), DP, u/b+K+G OTB (Aoi only)
    TFT, Knee (opponent hits wall), P,P, d+P, DP or u/b+K+G (up to mids I think)

and lastly one Kage combo that is meant to be do-able but I've never managed it!: (Pai's stage only I think)
    f+P+G, DP, DP OTB (opponent hits wall and rebounds off), d+P, DP

A lot of these are old news but I thought some of the newbies may enjoy them. Rich how about some input on the arcade viability of these combos, cos you have the option of testing then at your leisure (lucky bastard) ;)

Regards

UK-Guy