1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rage Art + Rage Drive == Inner CHI???

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jan 14, 2019.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Rage Art has been in the classic Kung Fu movies almost from the beginning. So its only natural if it makes its way into the fighting games right? Before Bruce Lee there was Shaw Brothers. Lot of Rage Art and Rage Drive in that stuff. Even some of the more modern approaches to Kung Fu moviews like the Donnie Yen movies feature Rage Art and Rage Drive:

Tiger Dragon Gate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOhcFwvVAo

Dragon vs Shibumi (Donnie Yen's rage art kicks in at the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbpYmYyx6Y4

Okay so we might criticize rage art and rage drive in Tekken :LOL:but.... the kung fu movies are full of this stuff. I wouldn't have it any other way.

TBH if we want more realism, then want to move over to THQ's UFC 3 Undisputed or lesser realism ( EA's UFC series)

If the goal is to capture that classic Kung Fu movie vibe then the Tekken series is in the ballpark. If the goal is to capture that classic Anime Fighting thing, then SF has it locked. But what is our VF trying to do :confused:

Is Rage Art + Rage Drive what Kung Fu Movie lovers have been waiting for:ROTFL:

2. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

I've already said my idea about that.

"The VF rage art" would be a big badass finish move, i mean some big animations of the ultimate Kung Fu technic of each VF characters.

And just like in the VF anime, he will scream the name of the technic while or at the end of the big finish move.

BUT WITH CONDITIONS.

at the very last round to win the match and to reward a great fight, only on combo and after at least +50% lifebar wasted. Contrary to Tekken, the VF rage art will need timing execution, and no way a (50% damage) 1 single button.

and of course multiple camera angles replays just like it has already been in VF and Kung Fu movies.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Rage arts and rage drives in Virtua Fighter?
    Hmmm, it sounds a bit cartoony, but it's a rather interesting idea.:)