1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

RAGE!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Aug 7, 2011.

1. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Have you ever been so mad at the game that you that you assault the television with a barrage of curses? Maybe you pick up things to fling across the room or maybe your one to send crappy hate messages to your opponent.
    Your not really angry at the game and you can't hate the player. Maybe it wasn't him, it was you. He wasn't a turtley asshole. You just had a hothead and rushed into all the blows. So you feel dumb after having smashed your arcade stick.

Anyone else wanna share some dumb things they've done when angry at the game?

+10 points if you get mad when people tell you "It's just a game."

2. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

LOL

Getting angry no, but I get really nervous, and I hate the feeling of stressing out while I should be enjoying it,

But such is the nature of fighting games, one of the players has to lose. I play some JRPG when I feel like that, its nice to have a sense of progression and feeling part of the story.

PS: set it up so that you cant receive or send messages to strangers, no point in exchanging messages with randoms online.

3. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

Funniest post I've seen in a while. I frequently scream out loud and sometimes break things when I get frustrated by (my own shortcomings in) the game. And yes, I felt like that when I played you the other day Sam. Last time I played against Kingo I threw my stick so hard the xbox shut itself off. Really strange, it never happened before. I was sure the stick was broken, but fortunately everything was working fine when I turned it back on.

I agree with you Matt, I rarely play other games but a while back I played some Mass Effect 2 and Deadly Premonition and it was so easy and nice for a change... [​IMG]

4. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Lol I've never been one to send angry hate messages or comment on anything other than "ggs".

I'm replaying ME1, can't wait for 3! The illusive man is indoctrinated!!!

5. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

I don't do that either, and it wouldn't make any sense anyway since I get angry at myself. [​IMG]

Agreed, can't wait for ME3. Recently started replaying ME2 with a character from my second playthrough of ME1. Great games.

6. Darthminion

Darthminion Well-Known Member

punched a hole through my fucking wall!

7. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

I really almost never get mad at the game. I think this is mainly because I don't actually mind losing. If truth be known I'd much rather be fighting someone who can beat me 100% of the time than someone I can beat 100% of the time. What can I say, I like the challenge. If someone is able to continually demonstrate the ability to beat me, I'll basically just keep playing them for as long as they'll put up with me.

Anyway, frankly I think I tend to be more on the giving end of the rage equation than the receiving one. What do you think guys? [​IMG]

8. Darthminion

i shout out quite a bit and i cant help it. Mostly when Jcblack joins or itsgonnabeclose and spams one move. I don't mind because you need to learn to punish that crap but i cant help get pissed sometimes, more recent i just tend to leave if they don't want to play in a decent manner. Sometimes even the likes of happyfriend can act funny when i play his Jef but when he uses Lau he tends to be fine unless i go Wolf and beat him around a bit then his antics stop and then tends to retreat( he doesnt seem to like wolf). lol. Dennis's and Flashes Wolf's still inspire me to try and improve.;p

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I've sent the odd pissy message but nothing too bad, i've never experienced physical rage when playing though. The closest I get to that is the odd calmly spoken "fuck" when something suprises me.

I'd probably would check myself straight into the doctors if I ever experienced some of the things described in this thread.

10. Darthminion

Nah its nothing too serious its just i dont like to loose. I dont mind loosing but just sometimes get pissed at antics in the game.

11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Since when do I even fight your DMPK spamming Wolf? I thought my policy was not to fight you or Addy's Wolf. But the Jeff vs. Lau matches are fine from my point of view anyway.

12. Darthminion

BTW just in case you don't know, i can use wolf now without actually needing dmpk but i still use it as a last resort from time to time but do try to avoid if possible. Sometimes i like to give you the extra DMPK just because its you Happyfriend <3

13. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I get really fucking mad at all the people that say how much they love VF, but never play.

I also get mad at the asshole of a loser MYSELF for being so lazy and still not learning how to properly fuzzy guard.

I also get mad at my asshole self for still panicking in side turned situations. uuuggghhh I hate side turned situations [​IMG]

14. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

I shout out at the TV sometimes. I'll admit it. Usually I find that what I'm really mad at is the situation, not the player. Like when I'm at -2 but still can't manage to duck under a throw. Thats just lag combined with a terribly picky fighting engine.

But sometimes I'll start talking crazy shit if I feel like a player who sucks is disrespecting me or trying to act like a badass. Usually though all I say then is something like "Oh! Now you're gonna get it!" [​IMG]

Some people are passionate about games, others are more reserved. As long as its all about fun in the end.

PS. I scream my head off and destroy all my personal possessions when I play Rodnutz [​IMG]

15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

1)I let out a loud "You can't be fucking serious"

2)I throw remotes and pillows.

3)I clench my fist and say a real low "ARRGGHH!!!"

4)The games that make me spazz out the most i broke them or threw them out the window or throw it towards the back of my closet(Cod MW2, Gears of War 1 and 3.) I broke to many joysticks playing Halo 2 and those mentioned games.

5) i get heated when people refuse to engage. Backing all the way the fuck up and never tech rolling cause you scared. I trash those people the most cursing out the monitor.

6)I spazz on my girl when she says "its only a game" She usually reply.. "Then you don't need to play if it makes you get like that"

6)I get heated when my 6 year old tells me mid match im gonna lose... You should've picked Brad cause you always use jacky.

16. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    I hope you don't play that Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade Duels over XBL, then. I've seen people rage quit in a middle of a match more times than I've seen a game fully finished. (Winning OR losing.)

17. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

OH HELL NO! What can you even do about some bullshit like that?!?

18. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Nothing!!! Except try to get a excellent.. she loves when the announcer says that. Whats even more sad is she watched me play VF so much She prefers to play Tekken cause she likes Law and Alisa. She loves enter that dragon on netflix and thinks she actually controlling Bruce SMH!!!

19. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Anyone here that is about 30 years old or older will remember the NES Advantage joystick. Man I went through about 4 of those in a few years. It used to be my beating pad when I'd lose a guy. It was so perfect to let out aggression - it was already sitting on your lap, had a large surface area, just clench fist and strike downward. [​IMG]

I think the only few games that made me do that were Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania 3. I must have either got better at video games or lost some of my aggression because I don't remember beating on controllers much after that. I have been known to yell out an occasional curse or two during online play, but it's usually pertaining to my own inadequacies.

20. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

I get mad when people get mad message me and expect me to type back. I HATE writing won xbox live with an xbox controller. Friggin hate it, if it isn't gg's don't even write me.

That's when I start stomping people after rounds all sportsman like. Funniest thing I noticed though, after round stomping is one way to make sure I keep playing you even if you're beating the crap out of me. I will play 20 games to return the favor [​IMG]