1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Raging Debate over at TZ....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ancientwarrior, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Kamhou_X

Kamhou_X Member

Exaaaactly! ^_^

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Here's an example of a few of the new tweaks from 2-2.1:

No, see...you just did it again. Bungle pointed out something very flawed in your self-analysis of your being knowledgeable of VF. You thought dodging was an addition that came in VF2.1 when in fact it was in VF2.0. Being able to do a quick search and paste other changes doesn't reset the score.

You have very little clue what you are talking about.

I mean its nice that you want to rally behind the tekken flag and all, but we've seen it all before; you're just the latest in a series of dead threads.

GE

3. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

of course im not an expert, i don't play as much as others, and i dont compete as much as others...but i do a pretty impressive job for someone who practices...never. ha! i haven't even bothered doing any other of christies juggles besides 1,2,3~3 (or 4 or whatever it is)

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

"Copy and paste! I are a genius!"

Brilliant, dude. Way to go. You botched the transcription of the list of changes found in the Saturn manual (a list which has errors itself); half of what you wrote here is incorrect or vague. It is blindingly clear that you still have no clue what you're talking about, that you are grasping for straws and resorting to more fabrication to back up your hopeless and laughable arguments.

You seem to have nothing to prove except how much of a mindless lying twit you are, and you've done that brilliantly with your posts in this thread. Whether you give up now, or continue to dig a deeper grave for yourself and be the "Versus City Retard of the Week", I don't care. Both would be equally amusing.

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

NYC, eh? Say, why not get in touch with adamYUKI or CrewNYC and have a gathering? I'm sure they would love to see how thorough your knowledge and skill in VF4 is. In fact, they should tape it, and upload clips!

Whaddya say?

6. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

?!?!?

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=white>So he proved to be a veteran of the series, you could say</font color=white>

<hr></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=orange>What? u beat the one guy? n somehow was able to come to such a conclusion?</font color=orange>

<hr></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=white>It seems that you missed my point in an effort to flame me instead. Don't dwell on the details, the big picture is what counts.</font color=white>

<hr></blockquote><font color=yellow>Sorry, Kamhou_X. I'm trying desperately to see what you mean by "the big picture" on this. Your opponent is either an expert or he is not. If you judge someone on the ability to speak the languange of a trade and her ability to skillfully work that trade, you'll find technicians that specialize in each and fewer that rise to the level of Expert and excel in both. SummErs point is valid. That's why there are some who are teachers (e.g. Coach Phil Jackson, Coach Red Auerbach) and some who are students (e.g. Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Bill Russell, John Havelicek). Judging one to being adept at using the language of the trade does not predispose them to being adept at all skills within the trade. I can sling Tekken jargon and verbage with Tekken guys for a good while but by no means does that make me an expert at the game nor with any particular character. I've already done so in this thread. I'm OK but I'm not an expert. There are Doers and there are Communicators. You probably met someone who just talks a good game. I do that to psyche out my friends all the time to impress and seduce. But I know my play is crap. The proof is in the pudding. The only thing you really know is that you beat an opponent who talked a really good game...

There has to be more to it than that. Expand your big picture so the rest of us can see it.</font color=yellow>

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: ?!?!?

Sayow has already stated a lot of the sentiments that I wanted to say. Well put Sayow.

Kamhou wrote a few pages ago:
    Now, this is the biggest reason why I've stopped learning all of the "tech talk" that each game has and have relied on one thing alone, delving into each and yanking out exactly what each contains in its most true form.

I don't get it... I've learned from this thread that you (Kamhuo) work for Rock Star, and I gather from that that your sort of doing research for a new fighting game that Rock Star is developing. As far as I'm concerned, if you're a programmer, then you're an engineer. Engineer's need to develop a vocabulary with clearly defined terms that everyone in their working group can understand without ambiguity. If you don't know the "tech talk" of the games you're trying to improve apon, how will you ever be able to relay what you think is good or bad in the games you're studying to your superiors?

You can play (and excel at) games by experience and feel alone. I doubt anyone here would argue that. But if you are making a new game, you might want to start learning the factual details of the games your researching instead of trying to "feel" your way thru them...

8. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

Kamhoux is not a game designer BTW. He just uses that to excuse his staggering lack of factual support. It's all in the initial TZ thread.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

OK, I figured as much... I don't have the time to wade thru the threads over at TZ. Thank you for clearing that up.

10. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=yellow>Dredged this up just to say: You guys proved to be much more intelligent and more knowledgeable Kamhou_X. This was a bogus discussion. Kamhou_X lacked the understanding and appreciation for what he thought to be true and the wisdom and humiliaition to accept a different look at the picture. Everyone has their own vantage point and to depreciate another person's point of view without having looked at it thoroughly is shameful. There was nothing here. Kamhou_X had nothing to offer that most of us didn't have a good look at before this started. Kudos to everyone who participated in this exercise. Kamhou_X disappeared after two weeks not to entertain the thoughts put down after his. What a waste of cyberspace this was...</font color=yellow>

11. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

It was even more embarrassing for Kamhou at TZ. Seems like the Tekken argument is juvenile more often than not. Then again, if you don't play fighters for their depth, then Tekken is your game.
    Does Tekken have anything even approaching Option Select D?

12. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

This might be a little off topic to everyone, but I just wanted to say how entertaining it has been to read all 9 or 10 pages of this thread. Very amuzing, very entertaining and keep up the good work. (sarcasm) :)